Chat > Chit Chat

Sneachda

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Snow here today. White all over this morning. Hail, then lightning last night just briefly. Ciarán, my old greyhound, shook and tried to hide by the side of my bed, panting and trying to hide his head under a bedside table. Pangur Bán the kitten then hissed at the greyhound and tried to whack him for this crime.

burakkucat:
It feels quite icy cold here, in East Anglia.  :(

Weaver:
We have not had snow in October here in twenty years.

kitz:
We've had some strange weather here over the past few weeks. 

Some glorious blue skies with exceptionally clear views of the Lakes to the North, Wales & Anglesey to the SW from the prom.   
My friend & I went up the Tower from where you could see Liverpool buildings and cranes at L'pl docks, Forrest of Bowland, Winter Hill, Bolton and even the Pennines in the distance.  It was bitterly cold at the top but an excellent day for the views.

A couple of days later we got Storm Callum and some nasty winds, followed by a couple of days with pretty pink and orange skies.   Then within a few days of the storm we had some glorious sunshine where is was warm enough to sit outside in T-shirts for several days.  The clear blue skies have continued, but the nights have been clear but chilly (did the nerd thing of looking for and finding uranus with the naked eye).  Today we have some cloud but its most blue sky and sun.

sevenlayermuddle:
Talking to some neighbours earlier, they are heading off to Mediterranean coast next week. Monaco, to be precise, I felt envious.  But my favourite weather forecaster, Metcheck.com, is showing low single figure temps and snow for Monaco several days of next week.  :o

Curiously, UK Met Office disagrees, predicting temp mid teens and a bit of rain.   I am less trustful of Met Office, but for sake of our friends, I hope they are right. ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version