Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dslstats settings change on restart  (Read 2488 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Dslstats settings change on restart
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »

I've recently been using a HG635 router and noticed that Dslstats changes the "Sample every" setting from 300 seconds to 30 seconds every time that Dslstats is restarted. it also changed the "Reverse RX/TX" from enabled to disabled.

The login for this router requires the setting "router is HG622 type" enabled for a successful login, and I believe it's this setting which is causing dslstats to keep reverting to the default sample time.

I've been unable to login to this router without the "HG622 type" setting.

Any suggestions would be very welcome on how I can resolve this problem?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Dslstats settings change on restart
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:22:56 PM »

It's really up to me to fix those issues, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm not able to spend much time on DSLstats at present. I can't really think of a way for you to resolve it.
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

No problem, I'll just try and remember to change the setting myself after a restart.
Or better still, move the RPi to a different location where it doesn't need unplugging when the grand-kids arrive.  ;)

pxr5

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

Would this also explain why the snapshots folder is changed back to default on a restart (Raspbery Pi)? Not complaining just so as I know that I need to change it on a restart each time.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »

The snapshots folder is supposed to be saved and restored, and that is the case on my system (Debian Linux) so it ought to work on Raspbian. Where is your snapshots folder?
  Eric

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »

Would this also explain why the snapshots folder is changed back to default on a restart (Raspbery Pi)?

If the Snapshots folder is not on the Pi, you need to ensure that the drive is properly mounted before DSLstats starts, otherwise it reverts to default.

pxr5

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »

If the Snapshots folder is not on the Pi, you need to ensure that the drive is properly mounted before DSLstats starts, otherwise it reverts to default.

Aha, that'll be it, I'm just using a network SMB share.

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

I'm just using a network SMB share.
So am I. If the SMB share is already running you just need to specify the mount point in the fstab file on the Pi.
In my case, all was OK until a power cut, because the Pi came up before the network share was available. Thanks to the help I had here the problem was solved.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »

The script you need to run to make sure the Pi doesn't attempt to start DSLstats before the mount is ready is on the third page of the topic Westie linked: https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22483.msg384291.html#msg384291
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530