Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Sudden SNRM drop - causes?

(1/6) > >>

Weaver:
Thanks to our own johnson, who has been such a hero, I have obtained an SNRM-vs-time graph directly from my ZyXEL VMG 1312-B10A modem using http. It now has an internal stats server feature, which is absolutely superb.

See this this image.

For some reason, there is a sizeable drop in the upstream SNRM - the upper trace on the graph - at 12:00. Very sudden. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause?

burakkucat:
Mrs Weaver using the microwave oven? The bilge-pumps have auto-started?  :-\

Something has been switched on.

Weaver:
You would think so. I shall ask if anything in particular has been switched on here.otherwise there are the two candidates of crosstalk and distant rf sources. Where would one look? (In terms of musing on the problem, I’m not going out roaming the moor with an x kHz receiver.)

It’s nice to now be able to see a steady decline in downstream SNRM starting at 17:00, from 3.05 dB down to 2.7dB with small occasional downward spikes down to 2.5 or 2.4dB. It is now 18:36.

burakkucat:
It has all the hallmarks of the switching of something electrical. Has the SNRM recovered or is it still depressed?

Weaver:
It went down and stayed flat. I wonder if I should reverse the question and ask why it was so high before - perhaps the end of a special quiet period, for some reason, and we are back to normality. But that of course doesn’t help me.

Mrs Weaver swears she did not turn in any kit, not once-only anyway, at around 13:10 or what ever it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version