Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

strange going's on

<< < (2/4) > >>

re0:

--- Quote from: noddy on October 09, 2018, 06:54:04 PM ---no problem :) NSBIR Birsay Orkney

--- End quote ---
Just checking a random postcode on the DSLchecker for that exchange shows ADSL2+ availability, so there's a good chance that your connection has recently been upgraded. Checking the usual sites such as ThinkBroadband and Telecom Tariffs show the exchange as not enabled for 21CN WBC, but those should update soon (but it doesn't matter as the DSLchecker will be accurate).

--- Quote from: noddy on October 09, 2018, 07:05:20 PM ---Afraid I've not been logging the telnet data  :-[ but here's todys

--- End quote ---
The fact that it's showing ADSL2 and the upload is uncapped makes me believe that you are now on 21CN WBC and were on a 20CN connection before. Either way, enjoy that almost doubled upstream! :D

noddy:

--- Quote from: re0 on October 09, 2018, 07:19:57 PM ---Just checking a random postcode on the DSLchecker for that exchange shows ADSL2+ availability, so there's a good chance that your connection has recently been upgraded. Checking the usual sites such as ThinkBroadband and Telecom Tariffs show the exchange as not enabled for 21CN WBC, but those should update soon (but it doesn't matter as the DSLchecker will be accurate).
The fact that it's showing ADSL2 and the upload is uncapped makes me believe that you are now on 21CN WBC and were on a 20CN connection before. Either way, enjoy that almost doubled upstream! :D

--- End quote ---
Cheers I wonder what I'll do with all that speed ? ;) I'm waiting for the appearance of a cabinet  :fingers: locals say it's coming but no idea where that rumour started , fibre is at the exchange but we on EO lines have to wait  :( 

re0:

--- Quote from: noddy on October 09, 2018, 07:59:02 PM ---. . . locals say it's coming but no idea where that rumour started , fibre is at the exchange but we on EO lines have to wait  :( 

--- End quote ---
Sadly, according to the Highlands and Islands Enterprise website, Birsay is live with cabinets 1 and 2, with no obvious scope for any additional work to bring it to EO lines in the foreseeable future.

A document from HIE, while perhaps a little outdated (from August 2017), can be found here which pretty much confirms the above only through absence of any stated plans:
Cabinets 1 and 2 are live and accepting orders for those connected to the cabinets. Coverage is for the east of Birsay from cabinet (1) Birsay Bay/Palace area for cabinet 2.

A bit of a deeper delve may reveal more information. Though it may be something that you would like to investigate.

noddy:
Certainly looks like there's little hope :( , well as long it doesn't get any worse I'll survive  ;)

noddy:
well it remained pretty stable for 5 days ( touch wood ) the graphs look very different to the ones previous to the change , but one question if it can now do adsl2 am I right in thinking taking into account the distance to the exchange there's no point setting the router to except adsl2+ ?
  Attn(dB):        57.0            36.8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version