Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

strange going's on

(1/4) > >>

noddy:
Think something must be going on at my exchange disconnected this morning and came back at more or less same SRN but slightly higher sync , but the up side SRN doubled and went from 19db to 6db also noticed in telenet it states ADSL2 which has never been available before + the the IP profile has gone up immediately . The other thing I've noticed my downstream never has shown any CRC's or swaps unless it was a complete disconnect and now is showing variations and errors ?   

re0:
I think we need to see the full stats, preferably both before and after for comparisons sake otherwise it's going to be pure assumption on what has actually changed. If there is confusion to where those stats are, just post here and someone will be able to help. :) I can see you are using DSLstats so presumably you have data logged and graphed?

I can see the SNRM has dropped to ~6 dB from ~19 dB on the upstream which would means there is a lower overhead for noise. The graph you have provided shows FECs, which have increased on the upstream and remain mostly the same for the downstream. Though FECs are usually no big concern and it would imply that your line has interleaving on but the drop of SNRM will certainly increase the FEC count.

My assumption is that perhaps your upstream has been uncapped (from 448 Kbps). This may have been because of an upgrade to ADSL2/2+ capable hardware at the exchange, especially since you have said telnet says ADSL2 modulation mode.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: re0 on October 09, 2018, 06:03:52 PM ---. . . perhaps your upstream has been uncapped (from 448 Kbps). This may have been because of an upgrade to ADSL2/2+ capable hardware at the exchange, especially since you have said telnet says ADSL2 modulation mode.

--- End quote ---

That is exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps noddy would be prepared to disclose the serving telephony exchange . . . as we might be able to find out if its equipment has been updated from 20CN to 21CN?

noddy:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on October 09, 2018, 06:09:26 PM ---That is exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps noddy would be prepared to disclose the serving telephony exchange . . . as we might be able to find out if its equipment has been updated from 20CN to 21CN?

--- End quote ---
no problem :) NSBIR Birsay Orkney

noddy:

--- Quote from: re0 on October 09, 2018, 06:03:52 PM ---I think we need to see the full stats, preferably both before and after for comparisons sake otherwise it's going to be pure assumption on what has actually changed. If there is confusion to where those stats are, just post here and someone will be able to help. :) I can see you are using DSLstats so presumably you have data logged and graphed?

I can see the SNRM has dropped to ~6 dB from ~19 dB on the upstream which would means there is a lower overhead for noise. The graph you have provided shows FECs, which have increased on the upstream and remain mostly the same for the downstream. Though FECs are usually no big concern and it would imply that your line has interleaving on but the drop of SNRM will certainly increase the FEC count.

My assumption is that perhaps your upstream has been uncapped (from 448 Kbps). This may have been because of an upgrade to ADSL2/2+ capable hardware at the exchange, especially since you have said telnet says ADSL2 modulation mode.

--- End quote ---
Afraid I've not been logging the telnet data  :-[ but here's todys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version