Chat > Chit Chat

Interesting (or otherwise) facts.

(1/3) > >>

Black Sheep:
You may, (or absolutely may not) be interested to read these statistics that made up part of the internal campaign about our newly formed Openreach.

We have ....

5.5k Telephone Exchanges

Largest Exchange is Oldham with 45,523 circuits ..... the smallest is Papa Stour in the Shetlands with just 14 circuits.

47m telegraph poles.

98k Copper Cabinets

82k Fibre Cabs

Our copper and fibre cables (length) combines are 3,787 x bigger than the UK rail network.

roseway:

--- Quote ---Our copper and fibre cables (length) combines are 3,787 x bigger than the UK rail network
--- End quote ---

I'll keep that fact in mind for the next cocktail party I get invited to. It will wow the other guests. ::)

chenks:

--- Quote from: Black Sheep on October 04, 2018, 12:45:11 PM ---Our copper and fibre cables (length) combines are 3,787 x bigger than the UK rail network.

--- End quote ---

what about before beeching?

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: roseway on October 04, 2018, 03:05:46 PM ---I'll keep that fact in mind for the next cocktail party I get invited to. It will wow the other guests. ::)

--- End quote ---

Get yourself a 2-way ear poppet .... I can remotely feed you endless facts, as you 'Hold the room' with tales of distribution cables and gel-crimps !!  ;) ;D

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: chenks on October 04, 2018, 04:24:37 PM ---what about before beeching?

--- End quote ---

Ha ha .... pre-Beeching the actual figure came down to 623. He had a massive impact.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version