Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheapest phone line only  (Read 2790 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Cheapest phone line only
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »

I found one isp offer cheapest phone line only at £12.50 per month (that cheaper than any other isp's)

https://www.cloudscapeconnect.com/phones/

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Cheapest phone line only
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »

Call charges to landlines:
CloudScape 2p per minute
Pulse8 1p per minute peaktime, 0.8p per minute off-peak
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »

Pulse8 line rental is expensive now.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »

While its nice that Cloudscape seem to offer flexibility in the options one can select, its not a good sign that they are still displaying Caller Display as a chargeable option...

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »

Awaiting email reply from about this caller display chargeable will updated when they have reply

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »

Very quick reply from customer service

Dear Mr ************,

Caller Display is free (as of 1st October) - we are currently working on getting this updated on our website, if you order Caller Display the cost will be automatically removed when the order goes through processing.

Kind regards

CloudScape Connect Ltd

Dear *************,

Thank you for your email, our line rental is £12.50 per month inc VAT - regardless of any other services you may or may not decide to take with us (we like to have clear an easy to understand billing).  You can transfer from Plusnet at no charge from us - but you should check you are out of contract with Plusnet.

Our phone lines have a 12 month initial contract and then roll month to month - if you cancel within the first 12 months we will charge an early termination fee which can be upto a maximum of 3 months line rental - depending on the time remaining on your initial contact.

If you have any other questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

CloudScape Connect Ltd
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:08:25 AM by adslmax »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »

Pulse8 line rental is expensive now.

It is stretching it somewhat to describe £14.40 per month as expensive compared to BT's £19.99 - now that is expensive!

Without a call package on Cloudscape, if you made 190 minutes of calls a month Pulse8 would be cheaper.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »

I never made any calls on landline. What the point? Cos my mobile has all inclusive unlimited calls to 01, 02, 03, 0800, 0500, 07 etc. I just use line only for FTTC because it required the line. So, Cloudscape work out cheaper than Pulse8 for line only and much cheaper than Plusnet £18.99 a month (soon will go up to £19.99)

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »

If one does not need to make or receive any phone calls, then I think you will struggle to beat AAISP's £10 copper line rental!
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 12:26:44 PM »

If one does not need to make or receive any phone calls, then I think you will struggle to beat AAISP's £10 copper line rental!

Indeed. No good if you need to make/receive calls though as the landline is basically dead.
It's a shame they need to bodge naked DSL (SOGEA) in the first place. It's taking OpenReach years to get past trial/pilot.

Line rental is only more extensive with other providers as it  subsidises broadband prices.
It also helps to milk old Mrs Smith who has had the same landline number for 44 years. They make a lovely profit on her.

I've been paying £26.49/month for my BT Infinity 1 Unlimited.
Line Rental is £18.99?

I don't expect their SOGEA offering to have offers of £7.49/month or anything close for an unlimited 55/10 service.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »

Line rental is only more extensive with other providers as it  subsidises broadband prices.
It also helps to milk old Mrs Smith who has had the same landline number for 44 years. They make a lovely profit on her.

I noticed a few months ago when searching for someone else, that BT now do a discounted line rental price if the consumer doesn't have DSL on the line.   From memory it was about £11.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

I've been paying £26.49/month for my BT Infinity 1 Unlimited.
Line Rental is £18.99?

BT Retail now charge £19.99/month (as of September) or as Kitz says £11.99/month (since April) for customers without broadband

I don't expect their SOGEA offering to have offers of £7.49/month or anything close for an unlimited 55/10 service.

I don't really expect SOGEA to be any cheaper than getting a voice line..

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

BT Retail now charge £19.99/month (as of September) or as Kitz says £11.99/month (since April) for customers without broadband
Brilliant! They should have done it years ago.

Really the whole lot should be £11.99 and the £8 they add to line rental for having broadband should just be part of the broadband price.

Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »

That is the thing, since I want four lines to get a bit of speed the low line rental etc per line is very good, and I just pay once for the exact amount of traffic I need.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »

Found other one pretty good price £10.99 for line only but can make free call via 0800 and emergency only plus unlimited incoming calls with free caller display with no contract.

https://freeola.com/line-rental/