Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Sky ADSL Broadband, HG612 settings

(1/3) > >>

pdbpdb:
Hey,

I feel like I'm going round in circles reading threads on how to configure this modem to work with my Sky ADSL broadband connection...

From what I can tell, I need this modem in 'bridge' mode and I've tried various settings but can't get a WAN IP. I've also read that the HG612 doesn't do PPPOA to PPPOE and I'd need another modem like the Vigor 130 instead?

Has anyone got this working successfully and able to point me in the right direction with the settings?

Cheers.

hacktrix2006:
Right if you have the HG6212 set it up as bridge then all you do is on the modem your devices will connect to is to make sure that

a) port 1 on HG612 is plugged into Wan port on other router

2) set other router to use these settings

--- Code: ---
Encapsulation: PPPoE
Username: install@o2broadband.co.uk
Password: install
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Multiplexing: VC-BASED
MTU: 1500

--- End code ---

That then should work

pdbpdb:
Thanks for the reply.

I must have done something wrong! On the HG612 WAN page under network settings it says 'Connected' but I don't even have an IP/Subnet Mask/Gateway...

For ATM settings I am using:
0 / 38
Path0
EoA
VCMUX
UBR without PCR

and for WAN:

Connection mode: Bridge
Bridge type: PPPoE_Bridge

Thoughts?

jelv:
On the HG612 modem or on your router? I thought they should be on the router with the modem in bridge mode.

pdbpdb:
On the modem.

I'd expect to see some connectivity there, no? Either way, still can't seem to get a WAN IP

Struggling with this and have spent at least two days trying various different settings, getting a little frustrated!  :(

I'm using an Edgerouter X if that makes any difference

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version