Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Best modem to use with BT fibre and XR500

(1/2) > >>

sharpz44:
High, I am wondering what would be the best modem to use on an ECI cabinet instead of openreach as it`s seems a bit outdated, also this would be connected to the Netgear XR500 Router, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you   

hacktrix2006:
I am using a zyxel vmg1312-B10a as of yesterday which just replaced my HG612, there are others in the zyxel range though and most kitz users seem to be using them.

sharpz44:

--- Quote from: hacktrix2006 on September 19, 2018, 05:43:21 PM ---I am using a zyxel vmg1312-B10a as of yesterday which just replaced my HG612, there are others in the zyxel range though and most kitz users seem to be using them.

--- End quote ---

Think I will look in to that then,I currently use vigor 130 but that seems to be stuck at a sync rate of 76, it used to be 79999 so bit strange

Jon21:
I’m currently using a Vigor 130 on a ECI cabinet. Though I am bidding on a Zyxel VMG1312-B10A, mainly just out of curiosity to see if it’s any better on my line. Wouldn’t particularly want to spend the £100+ they seem to be new though.

burakkucat:
It is possible to purchase an ISP/CP branded version of the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A for between £20 to £30 on eBay. The de-branding back to vanilla ZyXEL is quite straightforward . . . just follow the step by step instructions correctly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version