Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Help Required  (Read 3838 times)

johnson

• Reg Member
Re: ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Help Required
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »

My apologies, from this:

I am currently only using one cable right now between both routers trying to get this to work before connecting it to the DSL line (As i don't want to keep rebooting and cause DLM to kick in)

I was thinking you were trying to use just 1 cable and had the modem in place but without the phone line connected.

2 cables is easy, set the Zyxel modems default IP to one on your Archers subnet, i.e 192.168.1.100 or something.

Set up an "Interface Group" to assign a specific port to be the MODEM -> WAN connection. A detailed guide is here:
https://kitz.co.uk/routers/zyxel_VMG8324-B10A_bridge.htm

1 cable goes from the LAN port you chose for the VDSL/ADSL connection eg LAN1 to the WAN port of the Archer, then the second cable from any of the 3 others to your Archer or switch etc.

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

Nothing is working as of yet, i have edited this as my rant could be constuded as rude, which is what i wasn't trying to come over as.

Why can't networking be so easier.

So i have reset the zyxel used the config that your suggested in the link along with that snippet of code you supplied as well. I have also changed the passwords for both users as well.

So will test again tonight when no one is on the network streaming youtube or gaming.
I will be glad when this setup is up and running and i swear if the line kills this modem off i will be going banana's. I though my vaping addiction was expensive this whole network is even more so lol.

Thanks for you help and time as well as your replies guys i am truly grateful for the help.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:27:46 PM by hacktrix2006 »

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »

So i have reset the zyxel used the config that your suggested in the link along with that snippet of code you supplied as well. I have also changed the passwords for both users as well.

There is absolutely no need for that code (if you are talking about the SNAT line) if you are using the modem with 2 cables. Even with 1 its very specific to my connection and is only going to cause problems with yours.

With your setup as is, if you set the Zyxel to an IP that doesnt conflict but is on the same subnet as your router and you still cant ping it from another device connected to the same router then I have no words.

How are you making changes to the Zyxel without connection from the router, a laptop/pc directly connected?

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »

Yes i am using my laptop to make configuration changes (My Programming Laptop), however i did test with the Archer to see if the PPPoE would work whilst it was connected to the line to where i had WAN connected from archer to LAN 1 on Zyxel and then Port 4 from the archer to Port 4 on the zyxel.

I do have the config dumped right now though from the zyxel and i can always make a copy and remove the passwords if needed before sending you a copy via pm.

Its just funny HG612 and TG589vac v2 i have no problems with setting in bridge with old settings but this zyxel is so different but i must admit the sync rate on Downstream is way higher then the HG612 and the TG589vac v2.

But as it stands with the zyxel

LAN Port 1 (the one that vr2600 connects to via WAN) is set to 192.168.2.1
LAN Port 2/3/4 which anything can connect to is set to 192.168.1.1  both have DHCP disabled and both are on the 255.255.255.0 subnet.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »

You keep moving the goal posts!  :D

First you said 1 cable, then 2, then you say its not really connected to the WAN port of the router, now you have tried it... is that still the case? I'm sorry its just really hard to follow.

So if I'm reading correctly - Its currently connected with a PPPoE session live? Have you set up the Interface Groups? Do you have 2 cables running from it to the Archer?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 06:02:55 PM »

A static route is only needed if you have a single cable coming from the zyxel.
With 2 cables and following the guide kitz made, posted above, the zyxel should be accessible via its LAN IP.

If using a single cable you want to connect to 192.168.2.1 as that is the bridge interface address by default on the zyxel (can be changed though).
This would need a static route on the router to reach it.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »

Right got ya. I know I keep moving the goal post but I am trying my best so I she'll remove the iptables code I take it's the same line off code but with delete instead of add?

Will try it with archer later tonight thanks for you help.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 06:15:01 PM »

I honestly meant no offence hacktrix, this kind of troubleshooting by delayed messages when someone is working on a problem and trying things anyway just gets really confusing.  ???

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:43 PM »

No offense taken bud. I am just grateful for any reply.

Edit: I am now on my Zyxel Modem and its working fantastically so i shell be doing a full network reboot tomorrow morning to make sure it all sticks.

So i reset the router followed the Bridging guide you guys linked flushed the iptables after disabling the firewall then reinstalled the firewall to get the iptables back and its all working not sure if i needed to flush the iptables but i did. Now its time to see if i have any ports open that shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:52:53 PM by hacktrix2006 »
Pages: 1 [2]