Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Inside the Huawei MT992 G.FAST modem

(1/4) > >>

smallal:
I had G.FAST installed a couple of days ago, BT sent the HH6XA router through the post but the engineer was kind enough to let me have a MT992 off his van as well.
Had a peek inside the MT992 & noticed that although it only has 1 LAN port fitted, the board is made to have 2 ports. Could this be a way to hack it as with the HG612 VDSL model I wonder.

j0hn:
Do you own a USB to TTL serial cable?
Would it be something you would be willing to attempt?

edit: the original MT992-10 that the OpenReach variant comes from only has a single Ethernet port.

https://e.huawei.com/en/products/fixed-network/access/ft/mt992

underzone:
Very interesting. Also worth a fortune on ebay right now! They are very hard to get hold of.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: underzone on September 14, 2018, 03:20:09 PM ---Very interesting.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  :)

However, after close scrutiny of both images, I do not see any obvious location (for header pins) to provide access to the serial console.  :(  I suspect that it will need someone with an oscilloscope, to probe various possible locations, to identify where such connections could be made.

DaveC:
Out of interest, did you also get a "G.fast" faceplate fitted on your master socket?  If so, I think there would be interest to see photos of the internals of that as well.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version