Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Need advice, possible fault  (Read 12758 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: Need advice, possible fault
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »

I ported my BT number over to AAISP and the process went very smoothly although it took some time. Before I started the transfer I took a VoIP number from them to "experiment" with the setup etc. so the reconfiguration at my end was easy, no surprises on the day. I use a Gigaset N300A, so the AAISP line could be selected instead of the Fixed Line when making calls. At the end of the day there is no perceived difference between the two services in terms of making a call with the N300.

I see, excellent. Well I've started the PSTN takeover process via CHAOS. Expected date is August 7th. I'll configure my DrayTek Vigor 2860Vac for handling the VoIP prior to that however so it's ready. I've used AAISP's VoIP service in the past but never for transferring a landline number to their VoIP service, so that's new to me. Hopefully once the line rental is in their hands then they'll help tackle the intermittent fault my line is suffering with :).

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2018, 09:49:20 PM »

Realised I didn't update this since getting the line rental switched weeks ago.

This will likely be a final update as I'm exploring the option of FTTPoD now. I had a desktop quote of around 6,500 GBP + VAT passing 22 premises if I recall correctly. Actual survey quotes so far appear to be around half desktop quote usually so I've gone ahead and paid for a survey to be done :). If it's around 2k to 3k then I'll go ahead (via Cerberus Networks) and cancel my AAISP lines. One of my lines still has an intermittent fault which I can't currently report sadly.

If anyone's interested I'll post my experience of FTTPoD.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:30:13 PM by Ixel »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »

If anyone's interested I'll post my experience of FTTPoD.

Most certainly, yes, please.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything