Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New billing ? plusnet  (Read 6592 times)

MartinGoose

Re: New billing ? plusnet
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »

I think it really is oh dear plusnet. I logged into my account to take a look, very little has changed, but it is worse than before. Sellecting an invoice opens    exactly the same invoice in a separate window. There's no print option apart from Control P. No option to download a Pdf etc.

The lack of a print option for the separate window alone is a big failure. I have had to right click the window, open it in a new tab and print it (to PDF) from that tab.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »

This question may be considered oblique to the thread. Does the new system have any similarity to the one used by the parent company? Given the close relationship of both, and provided BT's works, should PN's billing system be completely different seems odd.

rongtw

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »

well its getting worse again, yesterday was all ok for me tells me may account is getting closed down ?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »

I just had to phone PN again as I've had emails saying our DD failed and has been cancelled. We migrated away on the 10th August yet are still being billed (I phoned last week about this - they said cancel DD). The guy told me it was due to changes to the billing system, so I told him these problems have been going on for years and are certainly not a recent problem, and as for the new billing system its terrible, much worse than before. I've just had an email saying our cancellation will take place today, the service agent assured me that the last incorrect invoice will be credited in full, unfortunately as the billing system doesn't show credits since the update I won't know, or be able to access it if I ever get an email.

@Kitz Yes the layout of the webpage has changed, but the layout of the actual bill is exactly the same - I've had to log in once a month to print the invoice for the last five years. The new web page layout has drop downs for bills, which unfortunately does not show credits, the overlay has no option to print so you have to use Ctrl P (how many people will know that???) which cuts parts off, the resize for the overlay doesn't work properly either. Also if you click view payments, it doesn't find any.

As part of my job I have to login to some suppliers sites to download invoices/credits and this is by far the worse one. Most suppliers will email PDF invoices through which is nice and easy.

PS. Just had yet another email saying we've cancelled the DD.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »

I know a business standard ISP that emails an invoice (using PGP) every month even for their residential customers!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 10:38:35 AM »

well its getting worse again, yesterday was all ok for me tells me may account is getting closed down ?
It seems you are in illustrious company. Bob Pullen said, he's affected too. :D

rongtw

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »

I've checked and there are no external orders placed against @firebird1000's circuit. Can also confirm that the account closure message has been acknowledged as a wider problem. I've no ETA as to when it will be fixed though I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

A wider problem  :lol: and no ETA for a fix  :no:

rongtw

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »

Getting worse at Plusnet towers , Now they shut down live Chat because of high call volumes https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Live-Chat-Availability/m-p/1568259#M322  and the posts about Billing errors are increasing  :no:

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »

I see they've not suspended Chat for cancellations (I wonder if it could be that which is absorbing all the resources?).

rongtw

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »

it seems that the new billing system are causing problems for NOT only PN staff but also for us consumers

Overcharging on bills, well well well, why was that not checked tested and fixed before it was deployed...?Huh

What was PN's process in testing this unfit fraudulent service.
    Was it tested by customers with known regular issues like mine (well defo NOT in my case, as I was not even consulted).
    Figuratively speaking how many participants took place in testing the new Billing System.
    How long did the testing phase take place from start to finish before deployment.
    What testing programs / apps / equipment was used.
    Why has the customer discounts been removed by the new billing System.
    Why have you (PN) not used a tried and tested Billing System like 99.9% of businesses country / worldwide
    Why have you (PN) deployed the Billing System on 20+ year old system(s) instead of upgrading / renewing the main hardware systems first n foremost.
    What timescale are you (PN) aiming to squat out these known bugs
    Why have you not reinstated the old Billing system until the new one is fit for purpose
    How pro-active are you're bug squatters (PN)
https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/5-yrs-int-making-tested-not-fit-4-purpose-billing-system-01-Sept/td-p/1572840

rongtw

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 06:34:11 AM »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »

I had an email today for our new monthly bill, they've not actually charged us, but have carried over last months charge which should have been credited in full.

The invoice viewing seems to have changed again, this month's invoice displays fine and is a Pdf,  previous months now display in a small area of the screen which you can't resize, so now can't even print them.

The new invoice is also not a valid VAT invoice, it does not show PN's vat number, which may not matter for a residential customer, but we're a business customer. Still can't see the previous credits either.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »

Is yours a business or residential account?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:25 PM »

Yes it was a business account up until we moved ISP mid August.

rongtw

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »

A Plusnet Sales & COT Analyst has admitted that older Plusnet products are not compatible with the new billing system creating potentially massive price hikes for long term customers, saying "legacy products do not work correctly with the new billing system"  :no: :no: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-staff-admit-the-new-billing-system-is-not-operating/td-p/1582696. oh dear Plusnet reading the forums it looks like the new billing system is causing more problems than it fixed  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3