Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New billing ? plusnet  (Read 6603 times)

rongtw

New billing ? plusnet
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:08:31 AM »

Oh dear , looks like PN new billing system has not gone as planned https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Cannot-view-bill-in-new-billing-system/td-p/1566790
  it sort of works on Member centre for me but getting me worried  :-\

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: New billing ? plusnet
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:57:39 AM »

After 10+ years of development and testing you'd have thought they'd have got such basic issues right.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

rongtw

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »

Yes Jelv  >:(  i asked for a reply via Social media , 5hours ago on twitter and am still awaiting a reply .
Did you see this thread too ? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/When-I-click-on-view-my-bill-I-see-someone-else-s-details-for-a/td-p/1566644
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:56:04 PM by rongtw »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »

We migrated our work account away from Plusnet in August, but unfortunately they are still billing us.

Got two tiny credits, where it states customer without service due to migration, then they billed us for September  :wall:

So it looks like I will get to see the new bills after all.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

rongtw

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 04:01:39 PM »

Rongtw, the author also wrote

In fairness it’s possible that Plusnet may have actually done a better job of the upgrade process than you might think. We’ve seen plenty of similar large-scale billing migrations occur over the years and the fallout is often far worse and much more vocal, while this one passed by with only a relatively small number of gripes
As a contributor to PN's community forums, may I assume that your persona non grata status over there, does not at all influence your objectivity? :-\:)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 04:14:06 PM »

I think it really is oh dear plusnet. I logged into my account to take a look, very little has changed, but it is worse than before. Sellecting an invoice opens    exactly the same invoice in a separate window. There's no print option apart from Control P. No option to download a Pdf etc.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 04:18:05 PM »

You mean none of the stuff they were promising for the last 10 years would be in the new version?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

rongtw

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

Rongtw, the author also wrote
 As a contributor to PN's community forums, may I assume that your persona non grata status over there, does not at all influence your objectivity? :-\:)

No what i post here is NOT against PN , am just highlighting that once again ,a major update has gone T#ts up , i have access to the forums if needed but there is better reading here   

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »

TBH the stuff here and over at PN well excels some of the rubbish through or letter box, and that's on a bad day! ::) ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

Oops!!

Interesting first comment on ISPr.   Jelv will know who that is..  He was a good at what he did and an overall good guy.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 07:16:40 PM »

Also forgot to mention when I logged in the other day I could see two credits to our account, today there is only invoices. As we are a business customer you'd think they'd make it easy to access our invoices/credits but no this is not the case. To me it looks like they've just changed a bit of html, maybe the back end database has changed but the front end presentation hasn't changed much, and as I said earlier it's got worse.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »

Quite a lot appears to have changed on mine especially the way the bills are presented.   They are now using what I presume is ajax for the drop down boxes and the bills now appear as an overlay.   I don't see the older style invoices at all any more.

Oh I spoke too soon, just as I was playing with it, it appears to have broken and now the CSS is missing, so now it just looks like the older system without all the nice overlay but presented in an iframe :(

Well it did look pretty for a while...  now I have this mess
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 07:37:35 AM »

I left PN on the 26th June, and I've just received yet another bill from them for the same amount as was incorrectly taken a month earlier. :wall:
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything