Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

DSLStats - Telnet timeout setting?

(1/2) > >>

Bestgear:
Hi

I run two 612's with DSLstats and one instance has started "second stage login failure".

I can telnet into the box fine, but when you issue the "sh" - there is a longer delay on the "failed" box than the other one. Once the "sh" delay has passed, the response is as expected, as is the modem throughput.

These 612's have been running for years so one may be at fault?

I dont want to reboot the slow 612 for obvious reasons unless I *really* have to.

Is there a setting somewhere I can tweek to increase the timeout before the login error is triggered?

Thanks, as ever.

David

roseway:
There's nothing you can do as a user to increase the timeout. In principle I could increase the timeout, but I'm not going to be able to do that quickly. It seems to me that your slow HG612 really does need a reboot, because this sort of symptom is typical of a device running out of free memory (or it could be a hardware fault of course).

Bestgear:
Hi Eric

I was hoping it would be a setting somewhere that was reachable to me.

Given that I have read elsewhere of people with the same (or perhaps similar) to me, is there any mileage in bringing this setting into the GUI? (please!?).

I will have a search to see how to see the HG's memory usage - the other operations (web interface and WAN performance) dont appear to be affected at all... thus far.

David

roseway:
It's certainly possible, but at the moment DSLstats development is on hold because of a problem which limits my time on the computer. Hopefully I'll be able to resume development fairly soon.

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: roseway on August 29, 2018, 07:11:32 PM ---It's certainly possible, but at the moment DSLstats development is on hold because of a problem which limits my time on the computer. Hopefully I'll be able to resume development fairly soon.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Eric - it would be very much appreciated if you could find the time at some point.

Thanks - as ever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version