Chat > Tech Chat

Panasonic Puzzle

(1/2) > >>

banger:
Yesterday I was having router troubles with Asus DSL-N55U and swapping an exact copy router with the exact same config SSID and keys but my Pansonic TV wifi wouldn't accept the swap and insited I go through the setup process and re-enter the same key.

Is the TV filtering the router by MAC because that is the only thing I can think of. Other wifi gadgets Phone, desktop PC with wifi happily reconnected to the spare router?

burakkucat:
Did you have to perform that task twice?  :-\  First time when substituting with the spare DSL-N55U and then when the original DSL-N55U was restored to normal duties?

It certainly seems as if the problem was due to MAC filtering . . . unless there is some other weird parameter the television required to be updated. (But I can't think what that might be.)

banger:
Correct I had to do it twice once when the spare was in place and then again when the original router was put back in place. It is the only equipment that does it.

andyfitter:
Stale ARP data?

banger:
Maybe but why do my phone and desktop wifi just swap seemlessly between the two routers but not the TV?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version