Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help to Configure Draytek 2860n as modem only please.  (Read 1161 times)

Psychomech

• Just arrived
Help to Configure Draytek 2860n as modem only please.
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »

As above, I have a 2860n knocking around (using to tweak snr), but the wifi performance is pretty poor, so I would like to use it with another router.  I'm on BT, and I just want the 2860 to act as a modem (or do I want a bridge?), any advice appreciated on settings.

Scharlau

• Just arrived
Re: Help to Configure Draytek 2860n as modem only please.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »

Hi,

To configure the 2860n in bridge mode to work in conjuction with another Wi-Fi router, the following should work.

In WAN >> Internet Access >> [WAN1] Details Page, under the "MPoA / Static or Dynamic IP" tab, click the "Enable" radio button, and check the box for "Enable Bridge Mode". Click "OK" to apply the setting.

Rather than forego all that functionality, though, wouldn't it be better just to attach a Wi-Fi router configured for wireless access point mode?

Psychomech

• Just arrived
Re: Help to Configure Draytek 2860n as modem only please.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go.  As for using an AP, I will try that option too and compare results.  I don't really use 99% of the 2860's capabilities, so I'm happy to lose them in favour a more stable/faster wifi connection.  Cheers.

anything