Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTPoD Pricing  (Read 4762 times)

NorthernLad

• Just arrived
Re: FTTPoD Pricing
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »

Spoken with Cerberous Networks

My property is coming up as a fail, as FTTPoD is not available at my property.  So pretty much as expected, I need to wait for FTTC Cabinet to be installed.

Seems ridiculous but it is what it is!

Didn't give any indication as to price, but suspect I am eligible for the business voucher and if I can get a few properties onboard could be doable if the quote comes back at with a reasonable cost.

Thanks for all the info.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:47 PM »

A word of warning, the initial desktop quotes (a computer generated quote based on poor records) seem to be much much higher than any eventually fully surveyed quote.
Such a high quote may be enough to frighten you or a few neighbours away.

If you really are serous about throwing down some hard £s then I recommend ignoring the desktop quote and paying £250 for a proper survey.

This thread discusses the difference between the desktop quotes and full survey quotes.

OpenReach got burned with the fixed band pricing. They appear to be being overly cautious with the desktop quotes to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

I couldn't find any references to you mentioning that FTTPoD actually is available at your exchange. I suppose that you have checked? Checking at https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm and entering your locality will return your exchange and applicable information.

Either way, them returning with saying it is not available was to be expected. Give it some time. As long as FTTPoD is available at your exchange, as j0hn said:

If your exchange does FTTPoD then it will become available as soon as VDSL Multicast shows available.

So just wait for that cabinet to be installed!

Best of luck to you.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 01:38:55 PM »

I got FTTPoD installed under the old pricing model last year. However a word of caution: you've got to bear in mind that even if you are connected to a FTTC cabinet, its not 100% guaranteed that Openreach will offer you FTTPoD - as was the case initially for my property. However, my ISP (FluidOne) are apparently one of Openreach's biggest business customers (they're a business only CP) and when they enquired with OR, they magically enabled my address for FTTPoD on the BT DSL checker. I'm not sure if Cerberus have the same influence with OR but its something worth remembering.

As for

https://www.amvia.co.uk/blog/fttp-on-demand-costs-installation

I would take what's written on there with an extra large pinch of salt as the desktop quotes under the new/current pricing model don't reflect the true costs confirmed after the survey. As others have already said, if you're deadly serious about getting FTTPoD then you should really get a survey done to get a true idea of the costs involved.

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:45:47 PM by psychopomp1 »
Pages: 1 [2]

anything