Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trim day  (Read 1111 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Trim day
« on: August 13, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »

It is the day when the donkeys have their feet trimmed with a huge file or something. Gilbert is frightened always and freaks out, so he gets some dope from the vet first. Pictured watching and waiting:
        https://flic.kr/p/2a4iwnr
- oh no, it's the vet!

The vet is here now. Gilbert gets dope first, then George gets his feet trimmed. He is good as good, does not need any. While that is happening, that gives the dope time to take effect on Gilbert.

The donks do need their feet doing or else they will become crippled because they never go on rocky / stony ground or on the roads. I suspect being desert animals maybe, they would naturally keep their own hooves' growth under control if they were not in a soft field as we have them. Maybe they would be alright in some parts of Harris, where there is no soil anyway, only rocks. ;-)

Tom arrives, being soppy at stable, talking:  https://flic.kr/p/2a4kkdi
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:56:45 PM by Weaver »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Trim day
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »

When I saw the subject line of this thread, I assumed it was your facial-fur that was due to be trimmed.  :D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »

:lol:
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:55:57 PM »

Brilliant!  ;D  I suspect that my fur is rather longer nowadays than it was nine years ago when that picture of me was taken on the Orkney catamaran ferry to St Margaret's Hope, South Ronaldsay from Scotland.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:24:14 PM »

I was thinking about this photograph:)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 11:46:56 PM »

Sorry, that url was not helpful when I used it, maybe because it is user - sensitive given that it I am logged in to the Flickr server.

Actually, it was not the one with Orange aka Tiddy Puss on top of me me while I was asleep on the sofa, was it?

--

Later on, under influence of dope, Gilbert fell asleep with eyes half-open and his head in the pony-nuts bucket, propped up against the partition. He will not remember that anything happened and so may not recognise the vet or farrier from that visit.

https://flic.kr/p/2a4iwnr

Tom, the neighbours' grey cat, was permanently meowing because he was desperate to be involved in it all. For some reason, he sat in the doorway so that the hens had to push their way past him to get in, for their food dish is inside the other half of the stable, the tack room. The hens have given up on the hen-house and have all moved into the other half of the stable possibly because the donkeys protect them perfectly.

Tom could have sat somewhere high up to watch things but he seemed to want to be right there in that spot, for reasons unknown. Tom goes to see pretty much every visitor now and they have to be warned that he is over-friendly, just in case some people do not like cats or are allergic.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 11:55:30 PM »

Sorry, that url was not helpful when I used it, maybe because it is user - sensitive given that it I am logged in to the Flickr server.

Actually, it was not the one with Orange aka Tiddy Puss on top of me me while I was asleep on the sofa, was it?

Yes, that's the one.  :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 12:11:55 AM »

That is perhaps a little more recent than the Orkney ferry one. I was still on the sofa downstairs then, had not retired permanently to the bedroom yet, so that dates it.

anything