Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Hire 1000 New UK Customer Service Staff to Improve Support  (Read 1256 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
BT Hire 1000 New UK Customer Service Staff to Improve Support
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/bt-hire-1000-new-uk-customer-service-staff-to-improve-support.html

Broadband ISP, phone, mobile and TV provider BT has announced that they’re hiring more than 1,000 permanent customer service staff, which will support their aspiration to answer 100% of customer calls in UK & Ireland based call centres by 2020 and to “provide the best customer service in the UK.”

The move, which is in addition to the 1,100 roles created across the UK in the last year, should however be taken in the context of the group’s recent decision to axe 13,000 jobs over the next three years (this will mainly hit back office and middle management roles).

In fairness those cuts were partly mitigated by their pledge to hire c.6,000 new employees to support network deployment and customer service, with today’s announcement appearing to form part of the latter. The job cuts were designed to achieve a year 3 cash cost reduction of £1.5bn with costs to achieve of £800 million and two year payback.

Marc Allera, CEO of BT Consumer, said:

“We’re continuing to invest across the UK to give our customers the best connections, service, and experiences. These new roles will provide better job security, and will mean our people can focus on putting our customers first and offer the best help and support, whether on the phone or online.”
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: BT Hire 1000 New UK Customer Service Staff to Improve Support
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »

This is good news. I hope they bring all phone customer service staff back to the UK.

Apart from supporting British workers and giving them a job, its a sad fact that Indian call centres have become known as scammers and can't be 100% trusted. The quicker all the ISP's move their call centres back to UK the better. It would certainly cut down on phone fraud that goes on these days.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »

I think I read another article a few weeks back (could be wrong) that a good portion of them would be going to Plusnet. 
If so, then about time.   One of the major complaints is call waiting time for their CS.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »

Apart from supporting British workers and giving them a job, its a sad fact that Indian call centres have become known as scammers and can't be 100% trusted. The quicker all the ISP's move their call centres back to UK the better. It would certainly cut down on phone fraud that goes on these days.

I am afraid you will be disappointed - there is nothing more or less trustworthy about Indian vs UK call centres despite the public perception. Also, phone fraud could well increase as a 'UK call centre' is more likely to convince punters than dealing with someone who is more obviously based overseas.

Having said that, there are other reasons why it makes sense for BT to move calls back to the UK - and they have wanted to do so for years. The problem why it hasn't happened to now, is that they haven't been able to find enough UK people who want to work in call centres (unlike in other countries).

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »

It might not technically stop scam calls from happening. But I think if they do them at the same rate the indian call centres do them then the scammers will be easier to track down personally and hold them to account.

I have been watching this channel on youtube that has a live stream going were they just auto dial scam tech lines to waste their time. But also they will manipulate the scammers. One of the guys actually got photos of the indian scammers in their office and put it on his computer, so when the fake tech guy saw it he was shocked, then he quickly grabbed a file with VISA on, copied it to his computer and disconnected.. what the scammer didnt realise it was a wannacry-type of virus. So if the scammer opened it on his computer all the scammer network would be locked lol