Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Netflix, Amazon tips ? (again)  (Read 681 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Netflix, Amazon tips ? (again)
« on: August 11, 2018, 12:13:11 PM »

It is that time again, has anyone got any tips for anything good to watch on Amazon, Apple or Netflix or anything else that can be accessed over the internet ?

johnson

• Reg Member
Re: Netflix, Amazon tips ? (again)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 12:29:36 PM »

Preacher is half way through a new season on amazon, have not watched it yet but have enjoyed the previous 2. Better Call Saul just started again on netflix, highly recommend watching the previous ones if you have not.

I just finished watching The Mist on netflix after putting it off for a long time due to bad reviews, its honestly not that bad.

Orange Is The New Black just had a new season... and GLOW a little while ago. Both very watchable.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Netflix, Amazon tips ? (again)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »

I got fed up with Preacher got so overloaded with it and that stereotypical irish guy started really annoying me. I am generally starting to get fed up with extremely American American fodder.

Having said that, Netflix etc are great at showing non-English language programmes have enjoyed the Spanish, French, German, Norwegian stuff, got nowhere with Danish (nightmare) and of course nowhere with Hebrew. And we have even had the chance to enjoy Old Norse, Old English and Old (Romance) French.

Lost track of the Mist. Loved the movie with Thomas Jane in a starring role. Have only seen the first episode of Orange is the New Black: too scary. Not sure how I feel about Better call Saul.

Must check out GLOW.

Tips very, very much appreciated - thank you very much indeed. A lot of long hours to sit in bed in pain and when I am too fuzzy, foggy or fatigued to write code or too uncomfortable to sleep I really appreciate something good to watch. Love movies especially and very much like the new 'binge-watching' so-called whole series thing.

I got a good tip from one of our number before about ‘Westworld’ which iirc was in Apple-land, where I would never have found it, and am hoping that that will return. Also am fed up waiting and waiting for S3 of ‘The Man in the High Castle’, which got a lot better in the second season in my view and if the tormenting, teasing trailers are to be believed is set to continue the improvements. The superb ‘Bosch’ just gets better too, loved every season thereof.

anything