Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: iPad Pro dying - first mic, now keyboard going funny  (Read 6099 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
iPad Pro dying - first mic, now keyboard going funny
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:05:13 AM »

The mic has been knackered on my iPad Pro 12" v1 for a good while now :-) and tonight the virtual keyboard went funny for a few hours, no response to presses on the on-screen key images. In the end two reboots fixed the virtual keyboard response. The first reboot did not do it. I think what was needed was to close all apps and run reboot, so it does not reopen them in restart. Just a theory.

One odd thing was that it was a lot better in portrait mode than in landscape.

Talked to Apple via chat who were pretty slow. They are arranging a mail-in repair assessment. Hopefully the keyboard thing will not come back. But the mic needs fixing definitely because I cannot use Siri, which save my hands and helps me when I am very groggy and full of pain.

I am not sure what happens next. They said that I should wait for an email with further destructions.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: iPad Pro dying - first mic, now keyboard going funny
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:21:26 AM »

I am starting to think that a protective case surrounding the iPad is the culprit. I am using the iPad (inside its case) in a kind of rest too, which is a heavy beanbag-type cushion with a clip on the front into which the edge of the ipad slots and this is to keep it upright when you are in bed. I took the case off and the iPad seems ok now, for the moment anyway.

anything