Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: This is 'me'  (Read 832 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
This is 'me'
« on: August 07, 2018, 06:58:07 AM »

Uncanny, this woman in Australia could almost be myself, especially the bit about all the abuse endured in hospital by truly nasty staff.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: This is 'me'
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »

It really is a debilitating disease.  There's been a fair bit of publicity of late around these [former] guidelines

Some  insist  on  adhering  to Australia’s     2002     CFS-ME guidelines by prescribing graded  exercise  therapy  –  encouraging     patients     to     slowly increase  their  physical  output – despite suggestions this may be making them worse.

including the recent debate in UK parliament about ME.  It would appear that previous guidelines have in fact made a lot of ME sufferers worse :(

As someone who suffers from a similar 'Invisible Illness' you have my sympathy as the medical profession doesn't quite know how to treat the pain and fatigue.  At least with FM I do get some physically visible signs when pain is really bad and/or I have over-exerted time at the keyboard or walking etc as my hands or feet will swell to the point where sometimes it feels like the skin is going to split open.   Some days are okayish but others are dreadful and few seem to appreciate the fact that I may have been able to do something yesterday, but the next day I can't even get up or down the stairs and have to crawl to the bathroom.

There are a lot of cross-over symptoms between FM & ME such as pain, fatigue & brain fog,  but I have noticed some subtle differences.    For example you struggle when its warm, yet most FM sufferers get slight respite when its hot and sunny.  I also notice that ME sufferers tend to say they need to lie down,  yet a lot of FM sufferers can't lie flat for long.  Even after a general anaesthetic.. within minutes of coming round,  I had to sit up to relieve FM pain.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »

I went to see Prof John Elfed Davies in London re fibromyalgia which he ruled out. At that time there was not much that could be done. He put me on some neuro drugs that did help a bit, but I think actually that was a but too early in the progression of it.

Kitz; I know your hands have been rotten and you have various other sorts of pain. In fact, my hands used to be a lot worse. Nowadays it is all-over burning, leg pain, face pain various other things. Funny sensations, drunkenness and overwhelming brain fog.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »

I can only offer my sympathies to anyone who suffers from these symptoms.

As kitz is aware, I have a life-long friend who suffers with FM and the symptoms she describes are pretty much horrific to have to live with on a daily basis !!!

:(

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »

Some people have talked to me about CFS / ME and MS. I used to be on an anti-MS drug, sodium valproate. Did not do a lot though apart from making me feel slightly weird.