Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

OO ERR They'll be playing with my boxes

(1/3) > >>

renluop:

As at my PCP, we already have a Huwaei and ECI and the PCP has that little bit extra (like boy jelly babies;)), i wonder what will be in hand soon.

--- Code: ---Location:
Linford Road, Linford, Hampshire
Traffic lights, etc: Traffic control (multi-way signals)Information for Operational Teams
Highway Authority:
Hampshire County Council
Description:
RINGWOOD 549267 - TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT to facilitate BT Openreach Fibre Cabling Works – approx m with no Excavation. Works linked to LA Ref BC006MU1WBAUSEIBURJEKX02
Works ref:
BC006MU1WBAUSEIBURJEKX03
Current status:
Planned work about to start
Work info last updated:
16:14 on 31/07/2018
Last updated on roadworks.org:
15:55 on 06/08/2018
Data source:
BT
--- End code ---

kitz:

--- Quote ---Openreach Fibre Cabling Works – approx m with no Excavation.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps just pulling some more fibre through which now may be necessary to accommodate the g.fast pod.
It's possible that with you starting off with an ECI with 1gb cables, but have now decided that a 10gb cable-link is required. 
Quite often new cable can be pulled through with little disruption, but if the road is narrow then for safety reasons they may have to use traffic lights whilst the contractors are working.   The cable reels are quite large and obviously the truck bearing it could take up one lane if there isn't anywhere to park.

--- Quote ---Traffic control (multi-way signals)
--- End quote ---

*guessing.

renluop:
Thanks! So with the Huwaei in place they have the capacity to take the larger cable?
GFast, I didn't think Ringwood was any list, and it wouldn't serve many lines.

kitz:
Is that not a g.fast pod attached to the side of the PCP?  The image is small, so that's what I assumed it was. 
Go have a look and see if it has any vents.

renluop:
That box was added sometime ago, about time the ECI went in.It's unvented. I did post at the time, but can't recall, what it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version