Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Roaring in the night.  (Read 656 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Roaring in the night.
« on: August 03, 2018, 04:23:17 AM »

The new kitten, Pangur Bān, has officially the loudest purr. Even louder than my beloved brown tabby cross-eyed cat Seumas. Pangur Bān starts roaring in the middle of the night if he cuddles up to one of the others or whenever Somhairle washes him, or the other way around.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Roaring in the night.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:16:45 PM »

A happy kitteh.  :)

Do all the resident felines join you during the night-time hours? Or do you have rather acute hearing?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Roaring in the night.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

Only three cats on bed usually. Caoimhe and the two kittens Somhairle and Pangur Bān. The other two, the ‘Sāsaigs’, Beileag black and white moggy, and Buidheag ginger and white moggy, two sisters from a wee oma e just a few miles from here, sleep in various places. Buidheag (IPA /pujak/ like Eng kayak) has taken to sleeping in the red leather armchair in the bedroom, on some clothes if available, unless she is out hunting, which she does a lot. Otherwise Buidheag can be found sleeping on the oak box at the top of the stairs monitoring traffic no doubt.

Her sister Beileag (/pɛlak/) is up to goodness knows what in the night, sometimes mooching around the house sometimes appearing in the bedroom to play on the huge cat pole’s platforms, although she is getting a bit tubby and this sight provokes mirth. Beileag terrorises Caoimhe all the time now, chasing her and making her squeal in fear. It used to be the other way around when Caoimhe had the emotional if not practical support of her brother Fergus before his death a year ago.

So it is often three cats in the bedroom sometimes more. Tomas does not dare come into the bedroom because there would be a fight, so if he is going to the spare room he creeps past very quietly indeed and succeeds in crossing the landing without drama.

Somhairle and Pangur Bān used to be asleep on top of my feet or knees all the time, but I think they have got fed up with me going to the loo umpteen times in the night, so now they sit on top of the sleeping Janet some of the time. Caoimhe is always glued to me, cuddled up to me while I am in bed, all day and all night, but in the evening she goes down to the lounge in case the stove is lit. She is either in the crook of my arm, or under the duvet on my lap, a spot that has been taken by young Somhairle just now, I have just noticed.

The sheer weight of three cats makes getting out of bed tricky.

anything