Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Stay or Bust?  (Read 4021 times)

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: BT Stay or Bust?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

A lot of people think that AA has caps, but that is just because they do not advertise the full range of options properly.

well they do have a "cap" in regards to they have a physical cap on what you get for your monthly payment.
if you go over that then they charge you accordingly.

their page specifically says "montly download" - https://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:09 AM »

Just to add, the allowance/cap with AA, is only for the download, upload is not subject to it.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

I understood the word differently, to mean a 'limit'. I understand your usage of the term. I am not on that kind of deal, I just get billed for what I use, per 'unit' at £3.90 per unit of download. I can always have more and more, there is absolutely no limit of any kind and I will never get cut off or throttled. Although for 3G/4G, I can set up a 'quota', with a choice of what I want to happen when I reach a certain limit, but I do not have such a facility for DSL, for some reason. I do get an email letting me know where I have got to part way through the month which is very helpful.

Anyway my fault for getting off-topic as this is not relevant to the OP, so my apologies to him.

I definitely think that if what they are offering does not suit your needs then you should tell them so. Maybe drop them an email and they can think about changing it - their range is evolving all the time. I thought I read something about pre-purchased 10TB deals as well somewhere.

And that page you linked to is not relevant in my case: I am not on Home::1 so we are talking about different things.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:09:37 PM by Weaver »
Pages: 1 [2]