Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Response time to issue (ticket) raised by email  (Read 3292 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Response time to issue (ticket) raised by email
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »

08:59:14 Email sent to support@aa.net.uk raising an issue

08:59:43 Acknowledgement received giving job number

10:00:28 Response giving advice with two alternative methods of resolving issue (both of which I know will work)

Now could someone remind me why I moved from Plusnet?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: Response time to issue (ticket) raised by email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »

this is in no way support plusnet, but one wonders if AA would have the same level of support if they had the same number of customers.

it is easy to have good quick CS when customer numbers are relatively low. become a big player and you have to scale everything up and you know what happens at that point.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »

Thankfully, as far as I'm aware, AAISP aren't in the market to be a 'quantity' based ISP instead of a 'quality' based ISP. You pay a higher price but I feel it's worth every penny in regards to the support I've had and the support I've generally heard others get (from a customer's forum comment or review).

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »

I emailed Uno a couple weeks back at 23:37 and expected a response sometime the next working day.

They responded to me at 23:40 fully answering my question. I'm not even a customer!

AAISP is just too pricey for what I need/use the internet for.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »

AAISP is just too pricey for what I need/use the internet for.

indeed, same for me.
price too high and capped downloads.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »

I don't hold back on my usage in any way and find their allowance more than adequate for my needs. With a day and a half left this month I still have 268GB of my 200GB allowance remaining!

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »

I am an AA user and have no caps on downloads at all. They do in fact do truly unlimited deals but some info is really, really hard to find - for some reason stuff seems to be missing from their web server.

I can download a literally unlimited amount of stuff, within pragmatic limits: the limits of my line rate times the limited number of hours in the day, and the limited amount of money I have in my bank account. Anyway, I will not get cut off or capped or throttled, I just get charged for what I use in the case of DSL. I pre-purchase a certain amount every month which makes it slightly cheaper per MB download, but due to my utter stupidity I always get it wrong and buy too much so I usually end up wasting a fiver or so.

On AA 3G I can set it up to take certain actions at a quota limit that I choose, so that is slightly different. There I do not pre-purchase anything, I just get charged for what I use.

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »

I don't hold back on my usage in any way and find their allowance more than adequate for my needs. With a day and a half left this month I still have 268GB of my 200GB allowance remaining!

you have 268 out of 200 left ???

i could easily use 200GB in one day.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:06:37 PM by chenks »

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »

I am an AA user and have no caps on downloads at all. They do in fact do truly unlimited deals but some info is really, really hard to find - for some reason stuff seems to be missing from their web server.

I can download a literally unlimited amount of stuff, within pragmatic limits: the limits of my line rate times the limited number of hours in the day, and the limited amount of money I have in my bank account. Anyway, I will not get cut off or capped or throttled, I just get charged for what I use in the case of DSL. I pre-purchase a certain amount every month which makes it slightly cheaper per MB download, but due to my utter stupidity I always get it wrong and buy too much so I usually end up wasting a fiver or so.

On AA 3G I can set it up to take certain actions at a quota limit that I choose, so that is slightly different. There I do not pre-purchase anything, I just get charged for what I use.

the home and soho packages have a 200GB/month limit.
if you have to pay for any extra over that limit then that isn't "unlimited", is it...

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »

you have 268 out of 200 left ???

Correct. Monthly allowance is 200GB plus quota bonus - see https://aa.net.uk/broadband-quota.html

Is your average usage more than 2TB per month? If not there is a home::1 package for you!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:19:21 PM by jelv »

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 04:28:31 PM »

average? who knows.
but i could easily rip thru 2TB in less than a month sometimes.
plus i also serve content out, so any "limit" is no good for me.

besides, it's not just their bandwidth capping/throttling that don't interest me, it's their high prices.
i don't value quick tech support that highly :)

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

You will when most other ISP's won't fight Openreach if Openreach get sticky, or when most other ISP's won't dispute unfair charges :P. But yeah, I understand :).

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »

You will when most other ISP's won't fight Openreach if Openreach get sticky, or when most other ISP's won't dispute unfair charges :P. But yeah, I understand :).

you'd be surprised.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »

plus i also serve content out, so any "limit" is no good for me.

I'm confused! Why is that relevant when AAISP only count downloads? Surely the extra download used when serving up unlimited upload is negligible!

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 06:04:57 PM »

I'm confused! Why is that relevant when AAISP only count downloads? Surely the extra download used when serving up unlimited upload is negligible!

it was just an also to my useage case.
i could easily eat thru 2TB down on half a month depending on what i was doing.

last month was 1.2TB and that was a quiet month (1TB during peak, the rest off-peak).
Pages: [1] 2