Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lightning - Again  (Read 3626 times)

aesmith

• Kitizen
Re: Lightning - Again
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 12:21:00 PM »

I'm quite confident that since the change away from "utmost good faith" they'd need to explicitly ask, and if they don't then they wouldn't be able to apply any sanction if the information wasn't offered.   However I'll keep an eye open.  I know they do vary, mostly they ask about history of flooding and subsidence, some ask whether or not there is any watercourse within a stated distance, some ask about trees within stated distance.  Often these are stated as assumptions with the onus on the customer to state if they are incorrect.  I've never seen reference to lightning strike (which we've never had) or indirect lightning damage (which we have had).

Our house insurance is coming up, so I just had a quick look.  Aviva asks only about claims in the last 5 years.  Direct Line asks about claims and also "Tell us how many claims were made and/or losses suffered in the last 3 years by you and anyone living with you?".  In my opinion their reference to "losses suffered" without qualification is so wide as to be meaningless.  Last year I lost a penknife, for example.

Pages: 1 [2]

anything