Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VoIP with the Vigor 2860Vac and BT Call Blocking feature  (Read 1548 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
VoIP with the Vigor 2860Vac and BT Call Blocking feature
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong category, hopefully not :).

Anyway, I have a bit of an odd problem. In my effort to prepare for switching my landline number over to VoIP I can't seem to get withheld calls to be blocked (well, screened) by the BT Call Blocking feature on my handsets. If the number isn't withheld it works perfectly. I've noticed a difference when it's a withheld call, instead of saying 'withheld' as the caller ID, it simply says 'anonymous'. Perhaps an oversight by the BT Call Blocking feature but it doesn't appear to be blocking any call which says 'anonymous' as the caller ID. I've tried changing the caller ID type on DrayTek (from FSK ETSI UK to a variety of other choices) but sadly nothing has helped fix that. My guess is that the DrayTek is unfortunately sending it as 'anonymous' and not 'withheld'.

Short of perhaps buying a separate device for transferring VoIP calls to my BT handsets, and hoping it also sends withheld calls to my BT handsets with the caller ID as 'withheld' and not 'anonymous', does anyone have any suggestions?

VoIP provider is AAISP by the way.

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: VoIP with the Vigor 2860Vac and BT Call Blocking feature
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »

Just an update to say that I've worked around this problem, my BT handsets are now 'screening' all incoming calls including those which are withheld.