Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: G.Fast in Rochdale  (Read 10537 times)

Browni

• Reg Member
Re: G.Fast in Rochdale
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »

This clearly shows G.fast.

Openreach have been out and didn't even bat an eyelid at the ASUS device (which incidentally is one of the router/modems currently undergoing MCT accreditation.)

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »

I'm sorry that I can't really help much more. Graphing it probably doesn't help so much either. But here are some graphs anyway.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

And for SNR...

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 10:03:25 PM »

D'oh. :doh: I just remembered that Hlog and QLN figures are static and remain the same from the moment of syncrhonisation. Part of the reason why I was confused about the statistics. Though it seems like there are some oddities with the Hlog here that I have not seen in VDSL. I understand that VDSL uses FDD and G.Fast uses TDD, but perhaps this is the reason to why it seems a bit... weird?

Either way, if I am not mistaken then around 1,700 tones (combined DS and US) with at least 1 bit allocated. I read G.Fast will allow allocation of up to 2048 tones - but HOW? Because I do not know. I am a little confused.

Edited to clarify post.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:07:05 PM by re0 »

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »

No need to apologise re0, I'm delighted you've shown interest and created the graphs.

Just noticed your latest post, will the figures remain static? I know there's some form of SRA involved on my line because the line synch rate is constantly changing.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 10:23:55 PM »

Hlog and QLN figures are taken at the moment of synchronisation and so after a couple of seconds these figures are no longer up to date (therefore no longer representative of the current line conditions). These won't change throughout the whole duration of the conneciton as they are not monitored after the initial connection link is established. These figures are unlike the Bit Allocation and SNR which are always being monitored by the modem and therefore are always changing as long as changes occur to the conditions (which they always are).

To answer your question more concisely, the figures which are not Hlog and QLN are always changing. And yes, SRA is mandatory on G.Fast so the line speed and SNR will always be adjusted accordingly.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »

After a quick glance at the image and files provided, I can't see anything that "says" G.9700/G.9701 (a.k.a. G.Fast) to me.  ???
The image was from when he was on VDSL.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

bkehoe

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »

Yep, I've got one of them but my ASUS DSL-AC88U functions both as a modem & router so no need to connect both.

Is the sync speed with the Huawei the same?

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »

Is the sync speed with the Huawei the same?
It doesn't have a UI but speedtests were within a few meg.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »

I just saw this from a post you made back in May. I was a bit silly to ignore it, because THIS highlights the bandplan of G.Fast used on the OR network.

Code: [Select]
bcm_xdslctl info --pbParams
bcm_xdslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:    0
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 34767 Kbps, Downstream rate = 198057 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 34651 Kbps, Downstream rate = 198057 Kbps

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (368,1930)
DS: (368,1930)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (368,1339)
DS: (368,1211)

I imagine those stats are not much different from how they are now. However, this should help me interpret the data you provided (and the graphs). The bit loading and SNR for downstream and upstream occupy different parts of the graphs - it appears that the downstream is on the left and the upstream is on the right. The Medley Phase confirms how many tones your connection is using, while the Discovery Phase is the tone range that is on the Band Plan (so a better connection could technically utilise this range).

At least I am no longer confused with the bit allocation stats. ;D Perhaps I was just being a bit stupid initially. Though not sure how the Hlog should look because of how G.Fast works. ???

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 02:50:23 PM »

Browni ditch the asus as a modem and bridge from the openreach supplied device to it, otherwise this is probably my final comment on it, as I am sick of the problems asus modems cause on the openreach network.

What reason are you using the asus device as the modem instead of bridging to it?

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »

Some more graphs... this time with labels... and Bit Loading and SNR combined.

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »

What reason are you using the asus device as the modem instead of bridging to it?
Eh?

It's a Broadcom based combined modem/router.

Why wouldn't I use it as designed?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »

Browni ditch the asus as a modem and bridge from the openreach supplied device to it, otherwise this is probably my final comment on it, as I am sick of the problems asus modems cause on the openreach network.

Its the AC88U which has a BCM63138.   Asus appear to have ditched using the MediaTek chipsets which 'let down' some of their former modems.   I wouldnt touch the DSL-AC68U etc.... but if I had g.fast I'd definitely give the AC88U a shot. :) 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »

@Brownie.    Whats your latency like. 

I've briefly had a look at some of your telnet stats and can see the SRA params.  I also see RS/FEC/INP and re-tx  yet supposedly 0 interleave delay.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4