Broadband Related > ISPs

AA congestion report

(1/5) > >>

Weaver:
Regarding AA’s internal congestion report table, I am just being thick here - I don't understand the numbers in the 24-hour and non-premium columns. Presumably 24-hour means all lines, not just non-premium ones, so the figure in the 24-hour coulumn should be some error_count  divided by a larger n_premium_lines ?

Chrysalis:
interestingly aaisp rate limit non premium lines if there is congestion, I didnt know that but I am fine with it.  I guess similar to enta's old ALT system or whatever it was called but in smaller increments.

The unerrored seconds is if they drop a packet if they do it counts as an errored second, so isnt related to DSL errors. Its across their network.

niemand:
Can you provide a link showing where AA rate limit non-premium customers please? I'm aware that, in common with BT Wholesale, they preserve premium marked traffic over non-premium but this isn't rate limiting.

jelv:
Isn't most of what they do optimising the use of individual lines? If the line is being saturated by huge downloads things like VoIP need to be prioritised.

Weaver:
What I don't understand is the relationship between those two columns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version