Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Plusnet Updating payment system ?  (Read 7216 times)

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet Updating payment system ?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »

No he's simply pointing out if a customer takes the time to cancel a direct debit then said company cannot restart it or access any funds.

It's good practice to cancel a direct debit once you're sure that your final bill has been paid.

the point is a company should not be taking money in the first place if the account is closed.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »

Of course it shouldn't, but companies make mistakes (some more than others), so as j0hn said, It's good (sensible) practice to cancel a direct debit once you're sure that your final bill has been paid.
  Eric

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 09:44:01 AM »

and when plusnet attempt to take money from a cancelled DD, they'll send you an email saying they'll be passing it on to debt recovery.
it's happened, and still happens.

the problem here is plusnet, not the customer.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »

Any company of Plusnets size is going to have issues at some point.
People generally don't rush online to thank a company for taking their payment successfully every month but they are much more likely to complain.

You've very much made your point that you don't like Plusnet or their billing system.

This forum is full of current and former Plusnet customers. Some will heavily criticise them and others will very much defend them.

Personally I never had a single problem with Plusnet during my 24 months with them. My DD was taken on time every month for the correct amount and upon my final direct debit being taken I cancelled it (as I do for every direct debit that's finished) and had no issues.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 11:48:20 AM »

Any company of Plusnets size is going to have issues at some point.
People generally don't rush online to thank a company for taking their payment successfully every month but they are much more likely to complain.

size is irellevant

rongtw

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »

jOhn , and here lies the problem you are one person among thousands , because you had no problems in 24 months does not mean there are no problems.
Chenks and myself are long time customers myself over 8 years , we have seen numerous promises mad by PN to fix the billing system amongst other things , the worst thing is if you look at my other post the problems are still occurring .
PN billing is no longer fit for purpose   

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »

PN billing is no longer fit for purpose

was it ever ?

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »

Quote from: renluop on June 27, 2018, 11:36:03 PM
Yes, I know how situations arise, and why, but they need not continue, if PN customers use the DD cancellations properly.
If PN choose to chase for payment from a bank account, where the bank's customer has cancelled the mandate to let them take payment, hard luck on them

Sorry i beg to differ , if a customer leaves a ISP they should stop asking for money from any customers bank !
If you cancel a service whatever it is NO money should ever be requested by that service after your finish date , ok you you expect a final payment that all

G

sounds like you are saying it's the customers fault if a company takes money from them after they have cancelled.

Guys, I'm not stupid enough to write as you seem to be accusing me, but to make it clear that the hard luck is PN's, if they waste time chasing payment on the basis of a cancelled mandate.
TBH I'd just ignore.

rongtw

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 07:13:41 PM »

A problem arises not infrequently where customers have cancelled the DD when they have migrated - especially if they are home phone users. The charges for some calls can take some time to come through and so Plusnet will attempt to take payment for these some time later and if the DD fails debt recovery is automatically triggered.
The best bet is to leave the DD in place until you are sure all possible bills have gone through and if Plusnet take extra monthly payments in error use the DD guarantee and get the bank to recover the money.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

rongtw

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »

Jelv Did you see this ? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Still-receiving-bills-after-leaving-plusnet/td-p/1551128

Aparently These emails are perfectly normal and can continue for a couple of months after the account being closed.  :lol:  :lol:

also a staff reply to another thread suggest there is a new billing system ? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Is-everyone-who-renewed-LRS-being-double-billed-line-rental/m-p/1550835/highlight/true#M30841

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:07:09 PM by rongtw »
Pages: 1 2 [3]