Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG3925-B10B not allowing 6in4 IPv6 traffic  (Read 1910 times)

bigshorty

• Just arrived
Zyxel VMG3925-B10B not allowing 6in4 IPv6 traffic
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:08:20 AM »

Hi All

Wondering if any of you kind chaps might be able to help me out here.

Currently running a Zyxel VMG3925-B10B in bridge mode (for DSLStats purposes) connected to a Draytek 2860n which handles my PPPoE connection and supplies internet to my wired devices (like using it due to having 6 LAN ports) and a Asus RT-AC86U which handles WiFi devices. I've configure the 2860n with my Hurricane Electric 6in4 IPv6 tunnel, which was working fine when I was using the modem in the 2860n. However, after being stable for a number of months my line seems to be having a few issues lately and want to collect some stats, so decided to use my Zyxel as a bridge modem which would allow me to start collecting stats, and configure the 2860n as a router. Previously I used to use a Billion 8800NL as the bridge modem and that would have no problem with 6in4 IPv6 connectivity, but using the Zyxel won't allow it. I would go back to the 8800NL but our cat, in one of her frenzies, ran behind the sofa where the 8800NL is positioned and somehow managed to break the power socket on it, so I only have the Zyxel to use.

If any one can give me any clues as to why the Zyxel won't allow 6in4 IPv6 traffic through, and if possible, any advice on what I should be looking for and how I can rectify this, I would be very grateful to hear them.

Many thanks in advance

spring

• Reg Member
Re: Zyxel VMG3925-B10B not allowing 6in4 IPv6 traffic
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »

is home networking set like this

edit: just read about this, so your WAN is IPv4, not IPv6, what you can do is try turning off the firewall on the zyxel, along with UPnP and ALG. in the WAN interface in Bridge there's only VLAN, make sure it's set to what always worked, and that all devices are on the same subnet [192.168.1.X for example]
also, connect the WAN ethernet cable from the router to LAN1 on the zyxel and DHCP should be off on the zyxel

edit2: attached another png, tunnel needs ICMP pings, also turn off "Deny Ping Response" in Firewall>DoS
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:47:03 AM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

bigshorty

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 02:42:27 PM »

I appreciate you reply Spring, cheers!

I have tried all the steps you have mentioned, well at least as most as I could as my Zyxel gui is a different to yours (see attached images). Still no joy with 6in4 IPv6 traffic though, although I did get closer than I have done previously (see image). I'm sure it can be done, I just can't fathom out how to sort it myself.

I have manged to bodge fix my 8800NL and I'm using that for the mo so I can collect some stats, although I don't know how long the fix will last, as long as I can keep the cat away from my networking setup I guess, so it would be nice to get this sorted eventually so I can use the Zyxel.

bigshorty

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:44:53 PM »

Incidentally, using the 8800NL with only configuring as a bridge modem, allows 6in4 IPv6 traffic through with no issues at all.

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 12:09:37 AM »

is your router subnet 192.168.0.1? usually the zyxel is 192.168.1.1 but yours shows 192.168.0.1

i don't think/know if there's something else to do in the gui, as a last resort telnet/busybox, but i find that hard to accept since it just said "ipv6 capable" [i'll read about it if telnet appeared as a possibility]

set the home networking ipv6 setup to how it is in my screenshots, and also set the two additional radio buttons from manual to EUI64

keep in mind the service requires ICMP packets to be allowed, should be located/sufficient as in the screenshots

also, have you cleared ROM-D on the zyxel [do you have access to supervisor account]? what firmware is it running?

if it turned out to not be the zyxel, there's a slight possbility it can be some setting on the router that isn't working with the zyxel and working with the billion
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:24:46 AM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.