Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Constant drop in upstream sync  (Read 816 times)

N0STIE

• Reg Member
Constant drop in upstream sync
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:26:49 AM »

Hi,

I know my line isn't the best but its downstream has been pretty stable since I remember, showing almost maximum what my line is capable of.

The issue here is the upstream which drops every reboot of router. I am using TP-Link TD-W9980 on ECI Cab. ISP: BT

I had 78 days of modem uptime with 6400 kbps of current upstream and 44500 of downstream with SnR as following 6.7/6.5 showing maximum of 7100 for upstream and 45000 for downstream.

I decided to reboot the router as SnR where at its highest. Surprisingly the upstream dropped to 6000 with showing maximum of 6200. Downstream resynced at 45500 so a bit better than before. Both SnRs at ~6/6.1

My downstream is within the Range A but upstream seems to be impacted. I thought it goes together?

Can anyone advise what should I do? 2 years back my upstream used to be about 9000 and downstream about the same.

Thank you!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Constant drop in upstream sync
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:38:09 PM »

Unless I am misunderstanding, both your current DS and US synchronisation speeds are within the "Range A (Clean)" limits.  :-\

The only thing you can realistically do is to just use the service and don't be too concerned about the statistics!
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.