Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLStats 6.5.9 hung last night  (Read 1657 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
DSLStats 6.5.9 hung last night
« on: July 03, 2018, 07:38:33 AM »

I turned on my monitor this morning and Windows had detected DSLStats had hung, only plain white screen displaying. Must have been some time after midnight as no graphs have been saved and nothing in datastore until I closed and restarted the program. No other issues I can find on the PC which is a W7 one.

Also strange display this morning for ES as it is showing data for time which has not yet happened on 3rd July!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLStats 6.5.9 hung last night
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »

I'm guessing that the error may have occurred straight after midnight, which is when all the ES data is shifted back one day to make room for the new day. Perhaps something went wrong at that point, leaving some spurious data in the new day and causing the program to hang. But this is only guesswork, and as a one-off event that's about as far as I can go.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: DSLStats 6.5.9 hung last night
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:19:56 AM »

I'm guessing that the error may have occurred straight after midnight, which is when all the ES data is shifted back one day to make room for the new day. Perhaps something went wrong at that point, leaving some spurious data in the new day and causing the program to hang. But this is only guesswork, and as a one-off event that's about as far as I can go.

Thanks Eric, I thought I'd post just so there is a record of it. If it happens again I'll update this if I can find any more info.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP