Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP Launch New UK G.fast Ultrafast Broadband Service Trial  (Read 1129 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/aaisp-launch-new-uk-g-fast-ultrafast-broadband-trial-package.html

Internet provider Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) have today become the latest to launch a 160Mbps download and 50Mbps upload capable (maximum potential speed of the tier) G.fast based “ultrafast broadband” package as part of a new trial, which may be followed later by a 330Mbps capable plan.

At present the new hybrid fibre G.fast technology is only available to a little over 1 million UK premises, although Openreach are aiming to cover 10 million by the end of 2020. AAISP will charge a premium of +£10 extra per month for the new service above their existing Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC / VDSL2) product, which means that their cheapest option with line rental will start at £55 inc. VAT per month with 200GB of usage or £70 with 1000GB.

A&A will also cover the cost of the install/migration on an existing phone line (i.e. FREE install) and a discounted ZyXEL VMG3925 router is available for £25. The installation will be carried out by an Openreach engineer who will provide the modem (Huawei MT992).
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: AAISP Launch New UK G.fast Ultrafast Broadband Service Trial
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 01:01:42 AM »

Of those prices, I take it that those numbers include ‘line rental’? I have got a bit confused with AA FTTC quoted prices. The figures for VDSL2 (non-G.FAST) FTTC, are those quoted with a cap at 40 Mbps downstream? (And don't know about upstream at all.) I am just wondering what the three prices are, VDSL2 40Mbps, and G.Fast.

anything