Chat > Tech Chat

Netflix mucking about

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
The iPad Netflix app that I am using seems to be full of bugs these days. It comes up with stupid errors, just throws away a half-downloaded episode and stops. This morning it decided that it would throw away a sort downloaded episode when you switched away from the app and switched back to it later. The latest is skiving. It decided to do no work while you are not watching it like a hawk. If I have switched away from the app, I can see from traffic logs that it has not been downloading as it should in the meantime. Grrr. At that point, I tried rebooting the machine altogether.

spring:
Maybe it's a new app version? Is it possible to install the older one?

Weaver:
@spring I am not aware of any way to access older versions of apps on the Apple App Store.

I have tried to download one particular episode four times, every time it gets to the end then pauses and just throws the whole episode away having spent twenty minutes or so downloading it. I have tried rebooting the machine of course.

spring:
Maybe you have the old files on your device? or version rollback option?

sevenlayermuddle:
Maybe worth manually force closing any and all other Apps, to see if that helps?

Bear in mind that rebooting does not necessarily achieve same effect, iOS tends to reopen same Apps after a reboot.

In theory closing background Apps should not make any difference.  Or at least, if it necessary (eg memory exhausted) iOS should eject them automatically, to provide more resources for the foreground App.   In practice, I often find that when, say, Safari is getting inexplicably sluggish, closing other Apps most certainly does seem to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version