Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Does crosstalk attenuate other noise?

(1/4) > >>

konrado5:
I've noitced that intermittent noise is more often in HAM band (tones 400-483) than in other bands. I know this is band for amateur radio however as I know nobody in Poland (all the more in my town) use this band for amateur radio.

Furthermore, at one time (at this time I had disabled HAM band) I heared buzzing on AM radio and I had reconnection. I've noticed that most increase on QLN graph is in the tones 400-483. It seems that my circuit is the most susceptible to any wideband noise on these frequiences. I would expect that circuit is the most susceptible to noise on the end ones (483-511) because as I know the higher frequency the worse longitudinal balance.

I suspect it is becasue I am only user on DSLAM with these frequiences unblocked and it results with no crosstalk on these frequiences. On the other frequiences crosstalk attenuates other type of noise. Is it possible?

Best regards
konrado5

Weaver:
I don't understand your use of the term ‘attenuate’.  ;D ‘Attenuation’ means multiplying by a positive number that is less than 1, so the value is reduced. It is not the same as obscuring or covering up something. As of course you know, crosstalk is always additive, that is it is a special type of noise that is strongly correlated with your own data signal or some other data signal.

konrado5:

--- Quote from: Weaver on June 27, 2018, 08:29:05 PM ---I don't understand your use of the term ‘attenuate’.  ;D ‘Attenuation’ means multiplying by a positive number that is less than 1, so the value is reduced. It is not the same as obscuring or covering up something. As of course you know, crosstalk is always additive, that is it is a special type of noise that is strongly correlated with your own data signal or some other data signal.

--- End quote ---
I mean crosstalk reduce other noise.

Weaver:
Perhaps a problem, with English Konrado, my friend. :-) But crosstalk cannot reduce other noise. I would need you to explain - help me understand a bit. Your English is superb by the way. My Polish is a source of shame, given that it has now taken second place in ranking amongst the most commonly spoken languages of Scotland.

konrado5:

--- Quote ---`i would need you to explain - help me understand a bit.
--- End quote ---
I mean that if my router receive crosstallk then it receives fainter other noise than without crosstalk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version