Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Plusnet Updating payment system ?  (Read 7278 times)

rongtw

Re: Plusnet Updating payment system ?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »

LOL just received a Email from plusnet  i got disconnected for  owing £0.00  :no:

Dear Mr Willsher,

Account username:

We'd like to remind you again that payment is still due on your Plusnet broadband account.

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 4 days.

Payment due
-----------
Amount owed: £0.00

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 11:42:52 AM »

I know it's easier said than done but if you paid by direct debit you wouldn't have these problems.

rongtw

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 11:48:31 AM »

Hi Brownie , i may agree but i been paying with debit card for 9 years with no major problems , just recently the system is getting worse  :no: :no: :no:
Ps Plusnet service status says no problem with Broadband connections

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »

I know it's easier said than done but if you paid by direct debit you wouldn't have these problems.

there are a few reasons why you wouldn't want plusnet to have a direct debit mandate on your account.
just ask the numerous people who cancelled yet were still billed months after.

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 12:37:36 PM »

I've just left Plusnet and they stopped the direct debit as expected with no issues whatsoever.

Do the vast majority of people who have no problems jump onto a forum and say "Hey! I left Plusnet and the system worked!"

People are more likely to complain than compliment.

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »

I've just left Plusnet and they stopped the direct debit as expected with no issues whatsoever.

good for you !

Do the vast majority of people who have no problems jump onto a forum and say "Hey! I left Plusnet and the system worked!"

no, but they often jump onto their forum and voice their dismay about plusnet in general either during the leaving process or once they have left.
just look at the "plusnet feedback" section of their forum.

People are more likely to complain than compliment.

really? that's a new one on me  ::)

however, even if 1 person still gets billed after they leave then that is 1 person too many.

rongtw

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »

I have no doubt plusnet have lots of happy customers who have no problems , i have only on rare occasions had problems but the worst thing is when you read their forums it always the same problems reoccurring which leads  to people leaving .
And as Chenks said even 1 unhappy incorrectly billed person is one too many  :no:

Anyhow Plusnet Matt contacted me on Facebook to say they have changed their settings ? and i rebooted my router , but am still await a reason for the Mistake in the first case  :(

St3

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »

Thank god i switched over to idnet today..... sorry to hear you had problems ron hopefully they can fix it asap... ohh wait its plusnet erm  :P
Intel i7-7700K @ 4.5G ghz
16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2133 mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 02:54:17 PM »

there are a few reasons why you wouldn't want plusnet to have a direct debit mandate on your account.
just ask the numerous people who cancelled yet were still billed months after.
Well, as the bank has to act on its customer's instructions, a payment can be recalled, or the whole direct debit cancelled at any time. The bank has no mandate after that to deduct further payments under the mandate, not does the applicant for payment have a right to request payment from the bank. The customer does not have to tell its creditor e.g Plusnet.

All told, I don't see how situations such as mentioned should arise.

rongtw

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

The reasons why situations arise is because Plusnet billing system is Old and cannot cope with the customer numbers

Even as they admit they been trying to update it over the past 8 years  , there has been a  lack of forward movement

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 11:36:03 PM »

Yes, I know how situations arise, and why, but they need not continue, if PN customers use the DD cancellations properly. if PN choose to chase for payment from a bank account, where the bank's customer has cancelled the mandate to let them take payment, hard luck.

rongtw

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

Sorry i beg to differ , if a customer leaves a ISP they should stop asking for money from any customers bank !
If you cancel a service whatever it is NO money should ever be requested by that service after your finish date , ok you you expect a final payment that all

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 07:41:38 AM »

Yes, I know how situations arise, and why, but they need not continue, if PN customers use the DD cancellations properly. if PN choose to chase for payment from a bank account, where the bank's customer has cancelled the mandate to let them take payment, hard luck.

sounds like you are saying it's the customers fault if a company takes money from them after they have cancelled.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »

No he's simply pointing out if a customer takes the time to cancel a direct debit then said company cannot restart it or access any funds.

It's good practice to cancel a direct debit once you're sure that your final bill has been paid.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

rongtw

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:30:26 AM by rongtw »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything