Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Errors on VDSL line now very low  (Read 1623 times)

parkdale

• Reg Member
Errors on VDSL line now very low
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:06:04 AM »

I have purchased a new BT Decor 2200 phone to replace the old one, which was playing up a bit :( , and I have attached the Error count stats for the point at which the new phone was plugged in.
It probably just a coincidence the the error count has taken a nose dive, or it may be the case that the old one was damaged in some way!

Robin
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: Errors on VDSL line now very low
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 10:52:14 AM »

Possibly your phone was causing some type of interference. I recently had an issue with my Gigaset base station which I've now replaced with a set of BT Advanced Z phones. Every time I answered or made a phone call the VDSL2 connection would lose sync and re-sync a moment later, I discovered that for some reason the Gigaset base station was causing this (I could also hear some noise on the Gigaset phones).

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »

It's not uncommon for certain cordless bases to cause problems with certain routers, but the Decor 2000 is corded?
If the phone is on the same socket as the router, maybe changing the phone disturbed a dodgy connection?
Perhaps monitoring the errors while performing a little "percussive maintenance" would reveal something.   ;)
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »

Yes it's been under some scrutiny.... :-\ every time I would take the phone away from the console table the handset volume would drop ???
Bring it back and it's would be ok...
I'm afraid it could be part of the modern malaise, oxidised connections etc. Any how after 10 years of service I think it's time for a new one.
We thru everything away after the lighting strike 11 years ago, every part of the phone system cables etc got fried :'(
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590