Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Meet Pangur Bàn  (Read 4350 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Meet Pangur Bàn
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »

We have located a playmate (hopefully) for poor lonely little Somhairle who has nothing to do now and no one to play with, although as ever he spends all day following Janet around including outside and asking to be picked up and cuddled which makes him purr. Somhairle curls up with Caoimhe who wants to cuddle up to him, but he puts his back feet into her sometimes and pushes her away or sometimes he spits and they both flinch waiting for a flinging match. This is because she has sat on top of him far too many times in the past, squashing him in order to get his warm spot, so now he just glares and assumes the worst, when she nowadays is just trying to be really nice and cuddle up next to him.

The new little fellow arrives from Livingston on Tuesday. He has been named Pangur Bàn.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:26:22 PM by Weaver »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Meet Pangur Bàn
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »

I hope you all will get along happily together.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »

The new arrival is male and a bit younger than Somhairle so I am desperately hoping the two will play together. The idea is that being younger he will be non-threatening and being male he will understand boys’ games.

See pic of the little fellow.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:41 PM »

Awww he's gorgeous <3   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:02:20 PM »

He has arrived. He is tiny. He is terrified, shaking like a leaf and peed on Janet after Somhairle hissed at him. Somhairle growled and howled at the top of his voice. Caoimhe, our older oriental was completely unconcerned gave him a bit of a sniff, then went to sit next to him and gave him a very half-hearted hiss afterwards and then just started to doze off on my lap near the new kitten who is now at my shoulder.

I have forgotten how tiny these fellas were. We will have to be wise as we introduce the boys to one another.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:09:38 PM »

I have been working on him, giving him lots of tickle. Huge purring now, tucked under my chin.

Janet tells me that the kitten has never seen a dog before. And now a huge black one is lying in the bed next to me. The kitten, who is still on my shoulder, does a tiny hiss and a minute growl every once in a while, aimed in the dog’s general direction. Ciarán the greyhound takes no interest and just starts eating kitchen roll, which is a great treat for him. More cats he thinks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:01:16 PM by Weaver »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »

Here he is https://flic.kr/p/28y3cva

Ah, the grumpy old black cat sends a melodious purr to the tiny one.  :)

:b*cat:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »

Special cat.

That's some big ears...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:37:54 PM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 10:49:22 PM »

AWww he's lovely.    Mine say  ^-^
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 08:39:50 PM »

Day 2, the kitten got hissed at by Somhairle and Caoimhe last night, found in the middle of the night hiding in a corner in amongst clothes racks. Happy in the bay window of the downstairs lounge, sunbathing behind the curtain, looking out at the garden and snoozing. I have not seen him at all. Somhairle has been having a nap in the bedroom with me at times, but has not gone near Pangur Beag Bàn B́odach.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 12:39:08 PM »

Pangur Bàn is still getting hissed at and growled at a bit by Somhairle and Caoimhe but much less so. He is a very happy little fellow today though, rolling and purring his head off at all times. aye is very hungry. The kitten keeps growling at the poor dog, who has committed the heinous crime of being very big and black and doing too much panting in the heat which is interpreted as hissing and showing all his many many enormous teeth while he is doing it.

Ciarán the greyhound is very unhappy about the heat, cannot settle. I am trying to get Janet to wet the dog’s head and ears to see if that will cool him. Ciarán would be better up in the bedroom with me because as raged temperature because I have a fan going, but he wants to be near Janet at all times. On the other hand Caoimhe thinks that the sunshine and heat are absolutely wonderful. She toasts, roasts and sunbathes. It is just perfect for her.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 06:14:13 PM »

Have you tried using the sock method onto the kitten to introduce his scent to them...  :fingers:
https://www.catbehaviorassociates.com/how-cats-create-a-group-scent/

Robin

Major rewrite required  :-[
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:20:29 PM by parkdale »
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 11:58:31 PM »

Will take up parkdale’s advice. Doing much better today, day 4. He was playing with a cat-fishing toy in a joint game with little Somhairle today. Spent the evening cuddled up with Caoimhe on Janet’s knee and in fact right now Caoimhe is cuddled up on the bed right next to Pangur Bàn.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 01:21:37 AM »

Day 5 and Pangur Bàn is ince again cuddled up with a Caoimhe in the bed overnight.

Somhairle was almost playing with Pangur Bàn this evening. The tiny fellow was leaping around on the bed and Somhairle could not barely resist joining in. I am hopeful that we will get there.
Pages: [1] 2 3