Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EU Parliament Committee Adopts Piracy 'Upload Filter' Proposal  (Read 3553 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: EU Parliament Committee Adopts Piracy 'Upload Filter' Proposal
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »

Indeed. Wouldn't get UK MPs trying to get weird laws through Parliament that are illiberal and would create a ton of problems practically  ;)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: EU Parliament Committee Adopts Piracy 'Upload Filter' Proposal
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/5/17535874/eu-copyright-law-article-11-13-rejected-first-vote

I can't understand how 278 people still voted in favour of it!? This is an example of how distant some of these MEP's are from the reality of people living in the EU.

Apols, does not seem to bear much relation at all to DMCA.   I expect it will eventually get rail roaded through through in barely amended form, to avoid admitting what a daft idea it was.  That seems to be how EU politics works.

I still can’t believe they banned high powered domestic vacuum cleaners, when the brief was to combat climate change by curtailing energy usage.   Somebody present at these discussions must have understood the science, that reduced power does not equate to energy reduction, and would surely have tried to explain?   Yet still they went ahead with their baffling directives.
Pages: 1 [2]