Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FAO our Kent Members re Female Only Taxi or Private Hire.  (Read 1079 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
FAO our Kent Members re Female Only Taxi or Private Hire.
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »

My daughter who lives in a small Village 15 miles away From Ashford Kent is looking for 'Female only' Taxi drivers or private hire after a late night by her self scare in another taxi.

She needs to get to Ashford Station and return 7 days later (early morning and late night !).

Is there any of our Kent members know of any please, it is a bit late in the day as it for next Saturday 23rd .
I have been doing on line search but nothing.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: FAO our Kent Members re Female Only Taxi or Private Hire.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:01 PM »

Can you not ring up to enquire?

Most of our local cab companies would be happy to oblige if a female wanted a lady driver.. as long as you gave them sufficient notice when booking.   
Next Sat should be more than ample time for them to allocate a female driver for the journey. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »

Looking for a local to her one, I have found only one that the drivers are 'CRB' checked but only have one female driver who is not on at the times she wants to go.
They have quoted £72 return trip  :o.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:40:23 AM »

:(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »

I think you really need a friend or relative. £72 is criminal. Women need some help here. Government ought to subsidise taxis for rural areas. More taxis generally is such a good thing.

[off topic: In 1980 before the Yorkshire ripper was caught, I used to walk female students home some nights. I was fairly terrified. I wanted a woman to walk me home! In fact he was caught in Sheffield iirc close to where a friend of mine was a student. I was at York at the time. I just relate this because I know vicariously what it is like to feel anxiety.]