Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: ADSL2 line problems  (Read 23307 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: ADSL2 line problems
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2018, 10:54:04 PM »

Ahh thank you.    ISP forced resync would fit with the 1=7 for RDIs.   Not something I'd taken note of with for SHINE though.
When I have over 10 SES (more than 20 CRC errors per second) DSLAM force resync and I have 7 or 9 LOF and LOS.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »

Whilst I agree it may be a red herring to the overall problem - something is causing those blank tones and its interesting that hlog with the Zyxel modem is fine as is QLN... so what later causes no bit load?  Am I not supposed to comment on something abnormal?
If QLN and Hlog is normal it is almost certain that it is some curious DSLAM setting.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2018, 12:28:14 AM »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2018, 08:20:30 AM »

Excellent find.  :thumbs: Thank you I'd completely forgotten that long ago thread and as it just numbered some tones rather than a graph it didn't stick in my head.

Code: [Select]
other forum list

The other thing is that not all BTw lines get it or I'm absolutely certain I would have seen it on a graph long before now.  In fact 2 years ago I put DSLstats on an adsl2+ line in this area for someone who was having line problems (turned out to be a HR fault cleared by new drop-wire) and that did not have the missing gaps.  I did not take note of which type of MSAN he was on though.

From the other thread the reason was never found, although I note mention of IFTN.  g3uiss is on IFTN:0x71c8 which I believe is Huawei MSAN.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »

Well done konrado ...... great bit of detective work, and I do believe an answer to the question.

I'm wondering if it may be wise for g3uiss to cancel the engineering visit IF obviously nothing can be done about this ?? He may attract potential charges for the visit ?? Just saying.  :) 

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »

Great find but struggling to see what tone blackout has to do with the actual problem?

Errors. Lots of them!

Agree with BS, though. This has got charges written all over it :P

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2018, 03:53:21 PM »

Thanks for the additional comments. The SP doesn’t know about the tones, and has arranged the visit on the basis the sync rate is well below MGAL.  Oddly they haven’t given me the cost warning because they say the line is NOT performing as expected.

So on that basis I’m risking it. I’ve made a major commitment to be available so it’s worth a shot.

@boost I’m still unsure what errors you refer to. ES/SES are not breaking the MTBE although because of all the line tests earlier there were lots at resync training which @Kitz discussed.

I’ve just uploaded the stats again so they are more current and there have been no re syncs since modem swapped back.

@kitz recommended to definitely proceed with the visit.

The money isn’t the big issue here regretfully I had to post my personal circumstances and in that picture £100 isn’t significant if it happens.

Still interested in what errors @boost refers to as again @kitz suggested it wasn’t errors but retains that may have caused the banding.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:24:57 PM by g3uiss »
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »

Well done konrado ...... great bit of detective work, and I do believe an answer to the question.

I'm wondering if it may be wise for g3uiss to cancel the engineering visit IF obviously nothing can be done about this ?? He may attract potential charges for the visit ?? Just saying.  :)

You have a PM

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »

You have a PM

You have one back, sir.  :)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »

So engineer arrived been here at least 3 times before when I had the line fault water in the DP in April. Did his test, he said all were OK and passed. I didn't get much detail, but 1 ohm difference in legs and a noise test was quoted at 59db. 

One really useful bit of information he showed me on his phone, a graph of my connection going back months. He observed (as I have) the line has synced constantly at least since April 30th at 16mps without a drop and only since the line card swap had it become erratic and banded. He suggested there was little he could do at the property, but after a phone call to someone ? He went to the exchange to change the card and filter ? again. The phone was off for 10-15 minutes so I suspect this happened then. He also reset the line and now syncing at 15980. The graphs are all over the place following ISP tests again just before he came.

I've uploaded current stats - tomorrow I will see what the DLM does, if it bands me again, I suspect I will give up. ;D

Hope this makes sense to those that have been so helpful

Tony

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »

It should be possible for your ISP to disable the DLM, or set custom thresholds to achieve the same result.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »

Your report on today's events makes sense. That the technician went to the exchange and made adjustments there reads as promising. I've taken a look at your uploaded data and it looks reasonable, to me.

There is just one thing I'll mention . . . and it concerns the configuration of DSLstats. You need to go to the Bit Loading, Hlog & QLN screens and left-click on the "Change tone range" button. In the Pop-Up that then appears, left-click on "Custom" and then adjust the slider so that the plot is just sufficiently wide to show the 512 sub-carriers of a G.992.5 circuit. At present, they are all set far too wide and show sub-carrier numbers that are not relevant to ADSL2+.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »

Thanks for those comments. Iv'e changed the graphs, to try and just include the 512 tones, but It was either too wide, or as it is now. Hopefully this setting is better, also uploaded again.

Tomorrow will be judgement day, if DLM intervenes :)

Thanks for the suggestion also @ELS

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »

I was convinced it was interference from your FTTC modem but I suppose it could have been further upstream?

Where, in theory, could the bare/patched terminals be closest before the house?

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted. I feel out of touch with ADSL these days. The joys of a single, flawless, FTTC line!

Well done for persevering :)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »

I was convinced it was interference from your FTTC modem but I suppose it could have been further upstream?

Where, in theory, could the bare/patched terminals be closest before the house?

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted. I feel out of touch with ADSL these days. The joys of a single, flawless, FTTC line!

Well done for persevering :)

Not sure it’s sorted until tomorrow to see if the DLM attacks me. However I’ve since last response received message fro ISP “engineer found exchange fault and has rectified”

Only time will tell 😄
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8