Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

ADSL2 line problems

<< < (2/24) > >>

boost:
Tried a different modem/modem PSU?

Modem attached directly to wall or extension bar? Tried different ones?

What other devices are within a 2 metre radius of the modem?
Are you using powerline ethernet anywhere?

g3uiss:
HG612, connected to Draytec 2925.

No Powerlines. Straight into latest BT faceplate, no internal wiring. Other devices, another HG612 for my VDSL, UPS, and apart from router and PC nothing.

Sort of what I thought, must be a excahnge / DSLAM issue ? Saw the RFI at 1Khz (tone 230), but its seems minor and the same blip on my VDSL circuit. Last option to tray a different modem, but reluctant as it only happend post voice issues on line (noise followed by no dial tone)

Thanks for thoughts

Tony

boost:
Might be worth trying those, short, twisted RJ11 cables for each modem as well as moving them as far away from each other as possible.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: g3uiss on June 17, 2018, 10:09:31 PM ---Saw the RFI at 1Khz (tone 230), . . .

--- End quote ---

Your calculation is a little bit off.  ;)

230 x 4.3125 kHz = 991.9 kHz

Have you tried swapping over the two modems and seeing if the problem moves with the device?

g3uiss:
Hi I meant to add the zero's ! No not swapped, because I have exactly the same spike on my VDSL circuit so I guess its something local.

I've had no issues with my VDSL said he touching the wooden desk. So I would expect the same spike. Any thoughts what goes on at that frequency, I know its below amateur Top band, we have no radio installations in this area.

The ADSL DLM re synced again this AM, it actually brought down my SNR from 9 to 8, but the spike remains in exactly the same place. Its also there despite the time of day, so its constant 24/7

:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version