Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Speed issues with AAISP  (Read 21630 times)

andrew-AAISP

• ISP Rep
    • aa.net.uk
Re: Speed issues with AAISP
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2018, 04:09:12 PM »

We've asked TT to move a line to their older network so as to compare any differences. Should have some more info on that tomorrow. We're also looking at moving a line over to BT backhaul - but that would take two weeks to happen.
A&A

andrew-AAISP

• ISP Rep
    • aa.net.uk
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »

I've opened a status post our side:- https://aastatus.net/2530

Keep an eye on that for latest info - I'll post back here when there are more major milestones in this investigation.
A&A

jdigz777

• Just arrived
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »

Just an update on this.

I have been dealing with uno support regarding this since it happened in Mid May as user orange4 said I also had a line with AAISP and contacted them regarding this and was completely dismissed of this being an issue and that they werent willing to pursue this with TT. Needless to say I moved my other line elsewhere as the exp I had with the support team was arrogant brash and generally tried to belittle my understanding of the internet.

Uno have had my line moved to the previous TT network which has fixed all download speed issues.

Matt at Uno has been extremely supportive and pressed TT on this matter since day one.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »

Hi

I have been following this thread from the start even though I do not use AA

I do have sympathy with AA and their support, which without seeing their responses to the queries raised at the time I can appreciate if a service is running and showing no issues, it is not urgent and the support staff should be pleasant and respond so. However, in view of evidence given by customer, should have forwarded to second level at least for their review

The reason though for posting, after reading Andrew status page put up is this

How many people would prefer to lose 4/5mb and have very low latency (around 6ms I think compared to nearly 12ms on higher throughput)

There is one more issue with TT backhaul not mentioned, perhaps not noticed and that is email sending has been failing due to a brief disconnect/drop periodically, so much so, clients of ours using TT have been switched to BT lines

Many thanks

John

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2018, 08:28:36 PM »

I've opened a status post our side:- https://aastatus.net/2530

It would be appreciated if you will please edit the post showing as "Update Today 17:57:01" and correct the spelling of the second word.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

jdigz777

• Just arrived
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »

Hi

I have been following this thread from the start even though I do not use AA

I do have sympathy with AA and their support, which without seeing their responses to the queries raised at the time I can appreciate if a service is running and showing no issues, it is not urgent and the support staff should be pleasant and respond so. However, in view of evidence given by customer, should have forwarded to second level at least for their review

The reason though for posting, after reading Andrew status page put up is this

How many people would prefer to lose 4/5mb and have very low latency (around 6ms I think compared to nearly 12ms on higher throughput)

There is one more issue with TT backhaul not mentioned, perhaps not noticed and that is email sending has been failing due to a brief disconnect/drop periodically, so much so, clients of ours using TT have been switched to BT lines

Many thanks

John

I'm not sure this latency improvement is for all customers in all locations. The change from the new to old is 18ms instead of the 17ms it was. I gave AAISP the same details as I provided uno with only difference was uno were willing to push it further.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »

Hi

Sorry I have no knowledge of AA, not been a customer of them and only going by Andrew AA status page

As I said, your details should have at least been passed to second level for review or perhaps it was sorry

Many thanks

John

With the help of TalkTalk, this evening we tested a circuit via the old network. Although the latency increased (from 6.4ms to 11.8ms) the throughput as measured by using the iperf3 tool showed an increase from 67.4Mb/s to 71.9M/s. (This is a line with a 75.6M sync rate)

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »

Will axe AAISP as soon as that's installed and "stable".

you might be waiting a while !  ;D
virgin can be very hit and miss, and you shouldn't expect the "advertised" speed at all times, conjestion can be a big with viring (just like other ISPs).

andrew-AAISP

• ISP Rep
    • aa.net.uk
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »

It would be appreciated if you will please edit the post showing as "Update Today 17:57:01" and correct the spelling of the second word.

Whoopz! Updated.
A&A

andrew-AAISP

• ISP Rep
    • aa.net.uk
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

I'm not sure this latency improvement is for all customers in all locations. The change from the new to old is 18ms instead of the 17ms it was. I gave AAISP the same details as I provided uno with only difference was uno were willing to push it further.

Yes not all lines had reduced latency. Some did increase. There is work underway within the TT core network to improve latency - so we're expecting lines which increased latency to decrease once TT have finished this particular work. We've no eta, but to expect it to be this year sometime.

As for the 1st line response to your report and a couple of others customers who have reported similar things in the past month or so - we did miss this, and do apologise. We do have quite extensive monitoring of individual lines and have systems that report when it 'sees' congestion - the problem we had with the reports this time is that there was neither change in latency or packet loss  and 3 or so reports over a few weeks (out of thousands of lines) wasn't enough to ring the alarm bells for these lines to have been escalated to our operations team.

This is something we can learn from - we're often at the forefront of diagnosing and reporting problems to backhaul carriers - it's one of the reasons we have our CQM graphs monitoring every one of our circuits.

We'll learn from this, and we'll get to the bottom of it too. :-)
A&A

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »

:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

orange4

• Just arrived
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »

you might be waiting a while !  ;D
virgin can be very hit and miss, and you shouldn't expect the "advertised" speed at all times, conjestion can be a big with viring (just like other ISPs).

Fully aware - i'm on a 30 day rolling contract with VM for that very reason  :cool:  but i know for a fact the area has been resegmented, so i'll give it a try.  If it beats 68mbps i'm happy !

orange4

• Just arrived
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »

Just an update on this.

I have been dealing with uno support regarding this since it happened in Mid May as user orange4 said I also had a line with AAISP and contacted them regarding this and was completely dismissed of this being an issue and that they werent willing to pursue this with TT. Needless to say I moved my other line elsewhere as the exp I had with the support team was arrogant brash and generally tried to belittle my understanding of the internet.

Uno have had my line moved to the previous TT network which has fixed all download speed issues.

Matt at Uno has been extremely supportive and pressed TT on this matter since day one.

Good to know about Uno should VM Cable prove to be a disaster (lets face it - real possibility), thanks for heads up.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »

Will Uno eventually have all it's users moved to the new TT network?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2018, 01:28:27 AM »

Currently my Uno Sync is 79999 @ 1.1dB SNR and am seeing a cap of 68 mbits. But if I use the Uno speedtester it indicates 72 mbits but before May the Uno speedtester was giving me 77 mbits download.

The reason I haven't reported to Uno is my attainable sync is 75 mbit as my SNR has dropped since the winter so if I re-sync it will be moot point.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

anything