Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Zylex VMG8324-B10A can't login  (Read 7737 times)

spring

• Reg Member
Re: Zylex VMG8324-B10A can't login
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »

from what I understood you say to hold the reset button while off, hold it for another 10 seconds after powering on, and let go [before it booted]: no longer or it won't work.

then he needs to let it boot normally, let it stabilize for a minute, then just hold it until the red light started blinking for a reset to default, then let it reboot and try logging.

I think this will be solved  :) great work johnson
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:14:59 AM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

ghostivv

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »

So what I have found so far is that holding reset with powering on and keeping it held till boot results in:
But holding it for some time less than 10s, say 5, results in:
Its a long shot, but maybe you have cleared rom-d @ghostivv, but not cleared to default by letting go of reset before the full rom-d clear to get rid of the previously stored config. I know its grasping at straws.  :-\

I'v attached serial and looked into output. For some reason I'm failing to halt the booting process..maybe it's usb keyboard and don't have usb at home. Anyway with long press of reset, I'm also getting "ERASE ROM-D" . Once started booting, I let go of the reset button. Not sure I should be holding it until full reboot? After 3 mins, I switched off the router and the output this time is "Checking Reset button on EXT INTR 0" and board info immediately thereafter. Do i need to "reset to default" (pressing less than 10s)?

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »

I'v attached serial and looked into output. For some reason I'm failing to halt the booting process..maybe it's usb keyboard and don't have usb at home. Anyway with long press of reset, I'm also getting "ERASE ROM-D" . Once started booting, I let go of the reset button. Not sure I should be holding it until full reboot? After 3 mins, I switched off the router and the output this time is "Checking Reset button on EXT INTR 0" and board info immediately thereafter. Do i need to "reset to default" (pressing less than 10s)?

What program are you using to attach to the serial device? Using 'screen' on linux any keypress halts the boot, but has to be pretty much immediately as you apply power.

You could try a sub 10s hold on boot as well though.

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »

just let it boot normally, after it stabilized on green lights for half a minute, hold reset button a few secs until lights blinked, and done

aka this procedure
1 Make sure the PWR/SYS LED is on (not blinking).
2 To set the device back to the factory default settings, press the RESET button for ten seconds or until the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink and then release it. When the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink, the defaults have been restored and the device restarts.

after this you can log in and I hope you know your supervisor password. if not you login to telnet with admin/1234 type "dumpmdm" & search for "supervisor" [can select all & copy to notepad]. in windows command prompt before you send dumpmdm, you need to right click the title bar > properties > layout > screen buffer size height to 9999.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:29:25 AM by spring »

ghostivv

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

Terra Term VT for serial on W10. 20s reset hold gets "Erase ROM-D" and 11s reset hold for "Reset to default". Still getting login errors. 

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:09 AM »

just let it boot normally, after it stabilized on green lights for half a minute, hold reset button a few secs until lights blinked, and done

aka this procedure
after this you can log in and I hope you know your supervisor password. if not you login to telnet with admin/1234 type "dumpmdm" & search for "supervisor" [can select all & copy to notepad]. in windows command prompt before you send dumpmdm, you need to right click the title bar > properties > layout > screen buffer size height to 9999.

Spring, he does not have login, these things you keep posting are of no help.

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:31 AM »

Spring, he does not have login, these things you keep posting are of no help.
*** Press any key to stop auto run (1 seconds) ***
Auto run second count down: 1

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »

Terra Term VT for serial on W10. 20s reset hold gets "Erase ROM-D" and 11s reset hold for "Reset to default". Still getting login errors.

Can you try a different serial program, does Terra Term have setting for encoding or bitrate you can mess with? You should be able to interrupt the boot with a keypress.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:24 AM »

My apologies to the OP the weapon-poking-timing instructions I posted back there were from the ZyXEL docs for a VMG 1312-B10A, not the correct model.  :-[  I don’t know if they are all the same or not?

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »

My apologies to the OP the weapon-poking-timing instructions I posted back there were from the ZyXEL docs for a VMG 1312-B10A, not the correct model.  :-[  I don’t know if they are all the same or not?
turns out the problem is not rom-d so johnson is guiding him on serial de-bricking

ghostivv

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »

Can you try a different serial program, does Terra Term have setting for encoding or bitrate you can mess with? You should be able to interrupt the boot with a keypress.

Tried on putty and same thing as won't interrupt the booting. Anyother you recommend?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:48:42 AM by ghostivv »

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »

Really? Putty was what I was going to recommend... No idea why it isnt working, just to check, you have an open serial connection to your usb to serial converter, as you power on you mash keys as the initial boot messages come up, and it just ignores them?

Edit: this is me mashing enter on boot, then accessing the webserver after 1 minute:
Enable Backup PSI [0|1]           : 0 
System Log Size (0-256) KBytes    : 0 
Main Thread Number [0|1]          : 0 
Voice Board Configuration (0-5)   :   

*** Press any key to stop auto run (1 seconds) ***
Auto run second count down: 1
 Port 4 link UP                                                                                        1
web info: Waiting for connection on socket 0.
CFE>
CFE>
CFE>
CFE>
CFE>
CFE>
CFE>
web warning: Unexpected TCP disconnect.
web info: Waiting for connection on socket 0.
web info: Waiting for connection on socket 1.
CFE>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:53:55 AM by johnson »

ghostivv

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »

I've CP210x USB and in the past used it on linksys router. I've setup COM7-115200-8-1-none-none. hit the power button + keys on keyboard as madly and fast I can  ;D, the router just continues on normal boot. **Auto run second count down:1**

Maybe due to usb keyboard?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:02:41 PM by ghostivv »

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »

Are you sure you have the pins connected right? If you have the tx pin from device connected ok you could see the output, but if the rx pin is wrong then no giving it commands.

From the bottom of the header its:

GND...... NOPIN...... TX...... RX....... 3.3V

I have a usb keyboard as well so doubt its that.

Edit: should specify, you should have no need to connect to the 3.3V if your converter is already powered over USB.

Edit2: HA! I got the TX RX pins swapped, my bad its:

GND...... NOPIN...... RX...... TX....... 3.3V

From the modem, the connections to your serial adapter are obviously swapped.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:06:06 PM by johnson »

ghostivv

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »

*** I want to hide**** yes pins were wrong  :-X. OK I'm now on cfe.

ok I issued ATHE and don't have ATBT. From ATSH I've got product model as VMG8324-B10A with which I tried to generate seed but getting error **command status = -1
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:16:12 PM by ghostivv »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4