Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Eating grass  (Read 790 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Eating grass
« on: June 12, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »

Why do my cats, some of them any way, eat grass? Does it make them puke afterwards? Caoimhe is puking up most days and going out and eating grass. I asked Janet about putting some hairball remedy gel stuff on her paws.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Eating grass
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:58:59 PM »

When I had cats it was my understanding that eating grass was a self-treatment for vomiting, not a cause.
  Eric

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:50 PM »

Ah, will need to keep an eye on her anyway.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:12:20 AM »

As eric implied they frequently do so as a health benefit to rid indigestible foods from the stomach (ie furballs) and aid healthy digestion

I did a little bit of research a few years back on cat grass when Ziggy started with pancreatitis and was frequently vomiting.
An article I read suggested Oat grass was a healthier option for cats rather than the standard rye, and actually good for cats with IBD.     For the past few years I've purchased several times from this supplier here.   

Both my cats love cat grass, but this was by far the best grass seeds I have ever bought and even friends have bought upon my recommendation.    Unfortunately they are out of stock right now..  which is a shame as I was going to get more of it just last weekend.       

If it's not back in stock soon I may try this one.    The pack size is slightly smaller but because I've had some rubbish results in the past with other suppliers I'm hesitant of buying a large pack just yet. Don't buy Trixie - its carp and a waste of money.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

St3

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 10:49:21 AM »

My dog eats grass from time to time the vet told me its a normal thing animals do to clean out there system.
Intel i7-7700K @ 4.5G ghz
16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2133 mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition

anything