Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DrayTek's Technical Support  (Read 1951 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
DrayTek's Technical Support
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right category but I was wondering has anyone here dealt with DrayTek's technical support?

The reason I ask is because I've had to recently contact them regarding my DrayTek Vigor 2862's web interface and telnet freezing after a few days. I obviously use Telnet with the program I'm currently working on which fetches the DSL stats, graphs them and monitors them. The DrayTek Vigor 2860Vac doesn't freeze however.

So, I contacted them, a day or so later I was asked to provide screenshots of my configuration (but that would be a lot of screenshots since I don't know really what they are interested in seeing the most). I replied asking them if they could be a little more specific as to what they are interested in seeing first, but since then I've had no reply at all (approaching a week later). Technical support seems a bit slow if you ask me.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: DrayTek's Technical Support
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:53:51 PM »

Seems more than a bit clueless, why don’t they just get the whole of the config file from out of the router and have a look at it? Total time for you about 30 seconds in stead of making you dig around an then do all that work faffing about with screenshots and then uploading them all or emailing them all.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »

Google Chrome + Full page screen capture add-on.

Single click screenshots the entire page (including scrolling) and saves the file to a local folder.
Will take you less than 2 mins to go through all the config pages and screenshot them.

In the past I would have hit the Prt Scr button on the keyboard, opened paint, pasted the screenshot, saved it... repeat. Would have taken forever.

This add-on has probably saved me hours over the years.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »

Google Chrome + Full page screen capture add-on.

Single click screenshots the entire page (including scrolling) and saves the file to a local folder.
Will take you less than 2 mins to go through all the config pages and screenshot them.

In the past I would have hit the Prt Scr button on the keyboard, opened paint, pasted the screenshot, saved it... repeat. Would have taken forever.

This add-on has probably saved me hours over the years.

Nice, thanks. Well if they ever respond to me then I will use that. So far it's not looking likely. Good hardware, poor customer service.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:04:48 PM »

Actually I’ve had a good experience. I’ve used Draytec for a number of years. I’m sure another email might be a prompt.

When you consider features VV price there isn’t much to touch them for complex setups.

I think the support team is small reflected perhaps in the value of their products. I’ve only once had a similar issue, PSU was the culprit.

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »

Just an update to say that someone else is handling my ticket, although it feels like I'm going through some scripted responses at the moment :lol:. Hopefully a solution can be reached in the not too distant future. The 2860Vac remains perfectly stable while the 2862's web interface and telnet interface stop responding after a few days. It still responds to pings and still shows the login page but it won't go beyond the login page with a correct login. Interestingly it will still respond to an incorrect login. If I had the option to buy a 2860 on Amazon Prime next day then I would've gone for that, but unfortunately the 2862 was the only available option as it replaced the 2860 I guess. New products are bound to have bugs but all being well DrayTek will eventually discover what it is and fix it.