Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Earliest manufacture date for ECI B-FOCus V-2FUb/r Rev.B v2 modem  (Read 2548 times)

bob8

hi, as the title suggests, can anyone tell me what is the earliest manufacture date for a ECI B-FOCus V-2FUb/r Rev.B v2 modem?

I have a v1 modem made in '03 2018' (March 2013?), and I'm looking for a v2 modem on eBay for testing OpenWRT 18.  All the modems I have found so far were manufactured in 2012 or 2013.

Were any made in late 2013 ?

tnx in advance.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:55:43 AM by bob8 »

spring

• Reg Member
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:25:45 AM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Earliest manufacture date for ECI B-FOCus V-2FUb/r Rev.B v2 modem
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »

I've got a 05/2013 manufactured one going spare that you can have for the price of the postage (label details same as 'May' link from @spring's post).
It came with a job-lot of bits I bought and I haven't tested it on a line but it powers-up fine. I've no reason to believe it doesn't work (everything else from the job-lot did) but don't want to risk testing it live in case it mucks my current stable G.INP'd connection.
It's still got its protective cellophane on the front which suggests it may not have had much use.
PM me if interested.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

bob8

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »

Thank you all for all the images and offer of a modem.

After studying all the images, it would appear all the modems from 2012 to 2015 use the same description and part numbers printed on the label attached to the ECI modems!   Jsamuel's thread and the OpenWRT wiki both indicate the only way to identify the version is to open up the case and inspect the markings on the Lantiq SoC.

I did find an OpenWRT changeset that acknowledged the existence of the v2 modem in April 2014.

I was hoping someone had installed Jsamuel's OpenWRT CC to an early production v2 modem, and may be able to help.

fyi, LEDE 17.01.4 runs fine in bridge mode on v1 modem, but the LAN1 and LAN2 ports are transposed on the v1 modem when displayed in LuCI.

https://openwrt.org/toh/bt/vg3503j
The line stats presented in LuCI graphical interface when using Jsamuel's OpenWRT 15 image, is still superior to what is offered in LEDE 17/OpenWRT 18.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:18:58 AM by bob8 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »

Looking in the "dusty corner" at The Cattery I see one of the original ECI modems . . . which has a usable GUI (after it was unlocked).

The label on the box states --

Item Code: 061513
Contract No: 8002326
Description: NGA ECI-CPE-MODEMS TYPE 1B
ECI Cat No: ON316132
ECI Model: B-FOCuS V-2FUb/I REV.B
Rev: 2A306
Unit of Issue: Each
Quantity: 1
Date of Manufacture: 06/2012
Warranty Expiry Date: 09/2017
S/N: ECI-L131221C605389
Made in: China

The label on the rear of the device shows a sub-set of the above information, along with the device's MAC address.

Those who remember the unlocking procedure, developed by asbokid, will remember the use of a clothes-peg (to hold a set of right-angle header pins in intimate contact with the solder pads on the PCB).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.